HJC RPS-10 Review

kawwikid

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I know Helmets can be a subjective thing, but last year I bought an HJC FS-15. I was hesitant at first, I hadn't had a HJC helmet in 11 years. I was a dedicated Shoie fan have had an RF-800, RF-900, RF-1000, and a Z2 Custom. But after having considerable problems with my RF-1000 ( I had two, both of the helmets where not glued together right and both feel apart in the first week, which Shoie took care by giving me Z2 at no extra charge) I felt it was time to explore other options. Taking some time at "The Helmet Shop" It was suggested that I try the FS15. I was hasten at first, but after trying it on, I was sold. It seems HJC is really trying to make there products move up scale. The liner had that smooth comfort of the Arei, the fit and finish on the FS-15 was about the same as my RF-900 amd RF-1000. The only thing that was a little off, the paint just is not a "thick" looking as on my Z2. The air flow was great, and its a very quiet helmet, even without air plugs, when the shields down, its not that bad. It has the same new style quick release as the RPS10, and the HD sheild (yellow) works great. And for $169, you really cant beat it. HJC, has definitely put work into there newer helmets, and its wort taking a look at.. Well thats my two cents...

Sean

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Conclusion
The RPS-10 moves HJC upmarket slightly, although my feeling is that the helmet isn't that much of an improvement over the FS-15, which I actually prefer -- and which lists for $219.99, some $129 less than the RPS-10. 129 bucks is a lot of money in my book -- enough for a nice pair of gloves or boots. I'm not sure the RPS-10 offers that much of an advantage over the FS-15 to spend the extra money.

I'm in the same boat.. I have a FS-15 in Carbon and a regular one in black (prism) and I love both of them.. Comfort and price (the black/prism one was $120 from NewEnough).. I wish the venting was a bit better and more adjustable, but I'm going to stick with the FS-15 while it's made.