Holy smokes!! Isle of Man TT- onboard

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Insanity!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWZG1nhgwgg]TT 2013 - On Bike Lap - Michael Dunlop - Supersport Race 2 - Lap 3 - YouTube[/ame]

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
This is by far the most insane motorsports event in the world. I love watching these videos. Anytime a car person starts talking big you just direct them to the isle of man tt, then they "understand" :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw someone post this on Reddit the other day. I've never even done a track day, I can't imagine how crazy this must seem while you're doing it.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
To borrow a slogan I saw on a bumper sticker the other day....

"I like Motorcycle Racing....because golf, tennis, bowling, football and soccer only require one ball!"

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw someone post this on Reddit the other day. I've never even done a track day, I can't imagine how crazy this must seem while you're doing it.

I've done few track days.. this blows it away, insanity-wise..
Track: no trees, no walls, no curbs, almost no chance of animals on road, infinitely better visibility.. I can go on and on.

The people who do this are truly on another level of "fearless". 240 people have been killed in this race's 106 year history.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Do a Google image search for, "Guy Martin Isle of Man TT Crash 2010", to see just how bad it gets.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I've done few track days.. this blows it away, insanity-wise..
Track: no trees, no walls, no curbs, almost no chance of animals on road, infinitely better visibility.. I can go on and on.

rabbits, ducks, and deer seem a fairly common (well luckily not that common) occurrence :thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qBhcBB5KN4]Cadwell Park Track Day 16.03.14 Duck! - YouTube[/ame]

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Folklore has it that someone split a deer in two at Pocono Raceway years ago.

We've had deer and ground hogs around a few tracks in Ohio. I've watched ground hogs sitting off to the side of the track for almost an entire race......just watching I suppose. Probably a pretty good seat come to think of it. But, still, stone walls, curbs, signs, etc....... yep those IOM racers definitely have some big ones!!!

Thanks for sharing:thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I you tubed these vids one day and spent an hour watching them. It's like taking your favorite street loop and going as fast as you can without the thought of getting a ticket.....just crazy!

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Go to love the TT - I was born on the island, our driveway is at 5.14, and my junior school at 6.34 - I'm damn sure we never managed the school run in 1.20 :eek:

Used to love watching (and hearing) Joey Dunlop race, he'd hit the bump at Cronk-y-voddy full on the throttle, land full on the throttle, and his front tyre wouldn't touch the ground till our corner - mad, mad man :)

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I needed to change my pants a second time when he started hitting the completely shaded portions of the "track"

I'm still in awe!!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
IOM TT 2014 is not far away: 24th of May thru 6th of June 2014

Also dangerous for seagulls.
Seagull.jpg

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Insane but awesome. Look up Richard "Milky" Quayle's 160 MPH crash in the 2003 TT and see how that ended his career!

The margin of error is nearly nil. You make a mistake, you'll likely die.