House and land listed

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
My situation continues to fail to improve...... after a year of making house payments without income beyond unemployment, it's obvious I will need to sell off the place.

14 acres. More than 1000 feet side to side. Nearest neighbor is 0.1 miles away. The property is butted up to 800+ acres of trees being raised for commercial harvest of timber. Lots of good riding in the area, as the terrain is fairly mountainous.

Good access to state highways, about 40 miles from Portland.

House and 14+ acres for Sale

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear the news. I hope the sale goes well. Looks like your agent has their act together, very nice listing. Beautiful location and home too.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I've put a lot of sweat equity into it, Pete. Paddocks and grazing fields, brush clearing, ditch digging, landscaping.... it's been a labor of love. If I can't keep it, I hope someone who will appreciate the effort is fortunate enough to buy it.

9500feet.jpg

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear you have to sell that beautiful property. If it wasn't so far out I would be interested in a heart beat. I have been 15 minutes to work for the last 30 years and don't think I could commute to Tigard every day. I will pass it around to my friends to see if they might want it. I have always wanted to live out of town with some property. I have a dirt bike also and could make a track on the property to goof around on. Good Luck. Thanks

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
My last job, I drove from here to FLIR in Wilsonville for 6 months. (faster, coming around on hwy 30, to 405, to I 5 south. 217 is a Bear, no matter what.) A little over an hour one way. For the money, it was more than worthwhile. Downtown Beaverton is about an hour, as well. Hillsboro is about 50 minutes to Costco and the airport, 1:15 to old town.

The first year we were here, we had a herd of 40 cow Elk that decided to winter over on our land..... too many poachers showed interest, so we chased them off with flashers on the fence and such.

The Windemere listing is here:

http://karengolson.mywindermere.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Listing.ListingDetail&ListingID=66880511

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sent the link to one of my best girlfriends in the area who's looking.......she's getting married soon and they're looking for a house with some land. Good luck!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
VERY sorry to see that you have to sell such a hard-earned and well manicured beautiful homestead. I would LOVE to move out there, just not in a position to move at all at the moment.

May I ask what your field of work is? It would help possible buyers to know what jobs are available in commuting distance and what isn't available.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
VERY sorry to see that you have to sell such a hard-earned and well manicured beautiful homestead. I would LOVE to move out there, just not in a position to move at all at the moment.

May I ask what your field of work is? It would help possible buyers to know what jobs are available in commuting distance and what isn't available.

I've been involved in High Tech since I retired from the Navy.... new product development for the most part. (Remember the Microsoft Track Ball?..... keyboards, mice, picture frames......) I got into doing Electronics regulatory debug work, and certification testing to ensure the devices met FCC, and UL requirements... and CE for Europe, and C Tic for China, RoHS for Europe, WEE for Europe..... that led into doing EMC/EMI work, and from there into Telecom sustaining and certification work. That involves NEBs testing, and qualitifcaiton of equipment to be located in Central Office buildings... the server farms that make cell phones and such do their thing. that involves testing to survive earthquakes, and high temps, and 'weak' power. All demanding to work without flaw 99.999% of the time. 20 minutes of a year the equipment is allowed to be out of service. BIG bucks for this stuff. That's all 40-60 miles from my house. I don't mind the commute, it's all 'counter' to the common commute paths. I am out of town in 20 minutes and riding through the back country for 20+ miles to get to the house.

Within 10-15 miles of where the house is, is almost all wood products work. Lumber mills, paper plants, cardboard container construction, raw lumber shipments to Asia. Service work supporting those industries, and logging in general are widespread.

Medical devices is the next big push in high tech, in the NW. High tech specifically, is on the decline, as it is being pushed overseas. Farming, and logging, have been the lynchpins of Oregon for generations.

Boise-Cascade, Georgia-Pacific, Weyherhouser..... all of them thrive on BLM (Federal) land, and when they have consumed the marketable wood on one side of the country, they move to the other side.... Boise goes to 'Cascade', Georgia goes to 'Pacific', Wheyerhouser settles all over Montana, CO, etc. etc. The infrastructure suffers, when the big corps pull up stakes and move.....

Farming? Don't do it, unless you have at least 300 acres of working soil... less, and you will run serious risk of coming up short. Agricultural work is lower paying than logging.......

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck, RJ!

RU willing to move out of the area? If so, PM me your resume. Nothing now, but maybe in the future assuming things pick up. We lost our compliance eng a few months ago and the EMI\EMC experience is a definite plus.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Sucks... good luck with it all.

On a side note, I have a helicopter power distribution assembly that just failed EMI (RF susc.) yesterday and my life now sucks at work... can you come help out??? :D