How many miles are left when its on the last bar of the gas gauge?

Johnson

Reaction score
Visit site
I notice the odometer switches to a F and begins counting miles but curious how many miles I actually have before I am out of gas. 05 FZ6 if the year matters.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
from memory the tank holds 19 litres, when I get the "f-trip" odometer and then fill up it generally takes about 15 litres to re-fill. I have run an extra 30-40 kms with out any issue. and the closest I have ever come to empty I still had a litre left.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The manual says the reserve (the amount remaining in the tank when the F Trip starts flashing) is 0.95 US gal. SO, the distance you can get before it runs dry will be somewhere between 50 miles, if you're riding for mileage, or as few as 30, if you're blasting through twisties.

Happy riding!

sevenhills1952

Reaction score
Visit site
Why not carry a filled gallon gas jug with you. Ride it where there's a station every 10 miles or so until it runs out.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha FZ6
2008 Blue Yamaha FZ6
Manufacturer Yamaha Motor Company
Fuel capacity 19.4 l (4.3 imp gal; 5.1 US gal)

I think at least 30 miles, but I have not push it to find out... usually when the light starts blinking I fill up at the first gas station usually about 10 miles and when I fill up I am never able to put in more then 4 gallons, so that tells me i still had a gallon left?