How many miles before you started modding?

How many miles did you put on your moto before modding it?

• 0-100 miles

Votes: 184 49.2%
  • 100-300 miles

Votes: 47 12.6%
  • 300-500 miles

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • 500-1000 miles

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • 1000+ miles

Votes: 89 23.8%

• Total voters
Z

Zealadin

I got oggy nobs on the engine and rear axle, and a screen all installed before I picked her up.
Plans for proper modding are in the pipes though (at about 1100k's now so thats probably... 600-700 miles maybe?)

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
This is my first bike, purchased it second hand - don't intend on keeping more than two years so no mods. (it came with one I would do - frame sliders and one I would not - fender eliminator kit, though I do prefer the look to the standard fender). BTW, I intend on selling it with the tank sticker intact!

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
A few of my mods were done pre 100 miles. Windscreen was done at 0 miles, I did NOT care for the stock clear windscreen look. TBR exhaust, FE, and frame sliders were done at about 50 miles, followed shortly after by K&N air filter and PCIII. I couldn't stand the "silent" exhaust.

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
0 km... Had the dealer install the frame sliders before I even picked up the bike. They also arranged to have 1 inch of foam shaved off the seat before I picked it up as well.

I had a TCP seat cowl waiting at home, and the FAZR fender eliminator went on about a week later!

My husband gave me a light smoke Puig race screen for my birthday last September, but at that point I had about 13,000 km on the bike. Since then I've also added the SW Motech quick-release racks and Givi PLX bags (but those are only on occasionally).

Last edited:

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought the bike after it was lowsided (250 miles on the odo, poor thing :)), so i stripped her naked and slapped a FZ1N headlight on it before I even could took it around the block!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, when I bought my bike it already had the major mods done to it(exhaust, screen, FE, turn signals), so I kept it like that for a couple thousand miles. Then I went mod crazy and personalized it to my liking!

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
I put on frame sliders with 0 miles on her. Better safe than sorry. At 750 miles, put on Leo exhaust. I have bd43's wire for the dual headlight mod, which will be done soon. I'm giving some serious thought to going naked also. :Flash:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
My mods were within 100 miles when I changed the stock screen for a Puig smoke double bubble and put frame sliders on. I'm now over 6000 miles and haven't felt the need to change anything else besides oil and tires.

I'd love to upgrade the exhaust or put a fender eliminator on, but neither are necessary, so I haven't spent the coin to do them.

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
Frame sliders and lowering before the bike even left the dealership. The next 3 mods were gifts from my brother: a Bagster tank cover and tank bags, a 12v Powerlet outlet, and a Garmin 550 w/ RAM mount and they were all at under 1000 miles. From then on, the mods were my own handiwork including FE, flush-mount signals, new grips and levers, DB, reflective wheel stripes, and K&N filter. Still want to do more, but had to back off modding for a while to pay down some debt! Mods are expensive!

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's see its 8.7 miles from the dealer to my house, so I calculate i had about, 8.7 miles on it before i started modding it(took off the reflectors first night).

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
A few hundred meters.

I removed the awful alu fairing and screen pretty much right after I got the bike off the trailer. Then the handlebars, mirrors and exhaust a few hundred km's after that:rolleyes: