How to kill a Toyota

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
How to kill a Toyota...
a 3 part series:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usY0DzaKKls"]YouTube - Top Gear - How to Kill a Toyota Part 1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS9mfeeSPwc&feature=related"]YouTube - Top Gear - How to Kill a Toyota Part 2a[/ame]
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mjk50QPKXA&feature=related[/nomedia]

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I watched this and this turned me onto Top Gear the best Automotive show!!! Great episode and having owned 2 toyota's I think this says it all about how good Toyota trucks are. :rockon:

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay...let me get this straight...

He finds a 1980's TOYOTA truck, drives it to Weston Supermare in Bristol, leaves it fully submerged underwater for hours and it starts up again??? Do you have any idea how COLD that water is?? Do you have any idea how much sand gets blown around in the air over there? You open your mouth for a second and close it...you'll have hundreds of grains on your teeth!!

I once wanted to have a picnic there with Claud...it was a disaster!! Talk about sandwiches...

The car starts up again...unbelievable....

Last edited:

karmageddon14

only you can stop winter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my fave Top Gear is when they go to the US and go on the road trip from hell (from Florida to Louisiana. With amazingly funny challenges along the way (coming back with the "best" roadkill, taunting the local yokels in (I think) Alabama and almost getting killed by them, and then trying to donate their wrecks to people right after Katrina (and being rejected). the hilux destruction off the hi rise tenament is my second fave tho...

there's a reason this is the #1 show in the UK.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey...

Isn't that TOYOTA the exact same truck in TERMINATOR?

Here's John Connor driving it in the arcade game!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A41zbepT6vI&feature=related"]YouTube - Arcade Terminator 2 Judgment Day Part II[/ame]

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
workedfor toyota (as a comercial mechanic) for 12 years and still dont think there is any vehicle like them. This is a bit hollywoodised, but damn its good, and this also is the only program on tv that i must watch.

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
Been driving them for over 20 years. Currently have an Avalon and a Tundra. As long as they build something I like, I'll keep buying them.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I borrowed a toyota pickup from a friend and drove it from florida to kentucky and then back. It had over 350,000 miles on it. I was amazed it still ran and as good as it did.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been driving them for 24 years. I've only ever replaced a fuel pump in one of the mini's I had owned. Not a single problem with any of the others.

After this new one was rear-ended by the Acura (which was totaled), I went to get an estimate from a garage. The guy comes out and says "Oh! It's a Tacoma! At least we know the frame is in tact!" He said he'd stake money on it. Measured the heck out of it and it was within spec. Still drives straight and no funny tire wear. I should also mention the truck has a Class IV receiver hitch as well. :thumbup: