How to re-build your stator

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Now we're talking about free HP power if we redesign it! :/ I'd guess this system is employed due to the fixed magnets tho which likely dictate it runs at full output all the time. What isn't needed is passed to the shunt. Unlike an auto where the current output can be increased by applying more current to the field coils.

Exactly! Even with the a series regulator I don't think you'll save that much HP because of the permanent magnets and stator core interaction. You should save a little with the coil hysteresis out of the loop but I'm wondering how much.:confused:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I've added in the missing pictured hopefully, sorry it's been a while so I think this is right

I added the pics from the second post to the first

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've added in the missing pictured hopefully, sorry it's been a while so I think this is right

Very amazing work Greg!:rockon: Now I think I'll go unravel a sweater and re-nit it again! LOL!

We should get this stickied if it hasn't been.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Very amazing work Greg!:rockon: Now I think I'll go unravel a sweater and re-nit it again! LOL!

We should get this stickied if it hasn't been.

cheers, I think it already is. I've had a couple of people ask me about this, so thought it was time to fix the post ;)

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks Greg.

I noticed something interesting, my stator has failed (last week) and it's in the exact same place as yours!

I have attached a pic of mine to compare.

My bike is an 04 with 60,000 k's (37,000 m) on it.
When did yours fail?

Cheers,
Mac.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I had about 25k miles on it, though it's not something that should wear out.

I'd suggest not coating it in epoxy until you are sure it works, it took me three goes to get it right. But hopefully you can learn from my mistakes.