How to read DIAG mode??

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, so on my ride home today, 63miles in the rain for all of it, I came to a stoplight about 4 miles from my house, as I started to go again the engine light came on for 10 seconds and went off. the bike still ran fine, and didnt stutter at all.
I havent ridden it since I got home. I went into DIAG mode and pulled a WHOLE BUNCH of things but I have no idea how to read them or what they mean, I found the thread about what they are, but couldnt find anything on how to read them, some could be unimportant for all I know.

DO1:15
DO3: 99
DO5:19
DO6:19
DO7:0
DO8:0.6
DO9:0
D20: OFF
D21: OFF
D30:0
D31:0
D36:0
D37:0
D48:0
D50:0
D51:0
D52:0
D60:0
D61:46
D62:1
D70:0
Im assuming that the ones that were "0" are not problems?
I really have no idea, I can do magic with an OBDII scanner but this has my mind in circles, I know its something simple.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey , read your post,

there is a page in Boneman's site with lots of manuals etc, its a great site for reference:
Boneman's FZ6 Site - Mods

I had a look through the 2007 service manual
I think you need to start at about page 8-35
just found that Admin. put this up on the forum in 2008
just search for this title, its already done....
Fault Codes listed in the FZ6 Service Manual:

Last edited:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it is a charging system error. which makes sense, I did ride for an hour with the high beams on, flashers, in traffic. My idle is around 1050 so that seems a bit low. Most peoples idle is around 1300-1400?
it had better not be a tps problem, I just got it back from Cycle City less then a month ago....lol

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike did something similar when I first got it, the po had replaced the battery about a week before I got it but didn't tighten the negative on it. Pull your gas tank up and check to make sure everything is tight on your battery.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Could be the ECU is seeing low idle. Up the idle to 1250-1300 RPM
Did the readout give you an error code after the engine light came on? If not the engine light may have been the low idle and not enough charge seen at the ECU.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I did not come across any err codes while in diag mode. The battery was replaced like 4 months ago so that is a possibility, Ill pull the tank and check everything when I do my oil change tomorrow.

Im guessing it was the low idle and running with the high beams and flashers on for over an hour.
I jacked the idle up to about 1500 and rode for probably 30 miles today, a good mix of cruising and some higher rpms ;) and it didnt come on that I noticed.