HyperPro Springs installed

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Great Feedback DeadRider, thanks!!

I was looking at R6 front forks and R6 rear shock and finally it hit me. Just do the Hyperpro spring swap and be done with it. So I ordered the combo kit, 30mm lower rear spring for my short 18 year old and that should be all I need. I don't ride that agressive, I like to hit corners but there is no knee dragging going on, etc.

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome, I did only the fronts, but it is almost night a day. No more wallowing, much less diving under braking, but at the same time, smoother and they feel more plush.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
finally got the front springs (30mm lowered) still waiting for the rear...didnt put it on yet...i hope it works as well as everyone else says it does:rolleyes:

im planning to install the front but let a local shop do the rear

Last edited:

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I may have to do something like this soon. 34k miles, and I'm starting to be annoyed with the wallowing on bumpy corners, the brake dive, and the cupping on my front tire. I actually use the back brake a lot more now, coming to a stop at lights, and I think I'm doing in subliminally because I don't want the brake dive to happen. I have to imagine the stock fork seals and fork oil are ready for the Big Pasture In The Sky by now too. Hell while I'm at it, I should change the radiator fluid...

and finally get the valves checked...

and replace the original brake fluid front and back...

(hangs head in shame)

msr1317

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you very much for your notes and clarifications. All explained is very good

I´m intending to do something like that

I weigh 95 kg or 209 lbs and I have the serial spring in position number 6.
You think I could get a position four with the Hyperpro spring?
Could you tell us your weight?

Thank you

Sorry by my english, it isn´t very good

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Your English is fine.

In my opinion if you are getting the lowering spring you will not want to go lower on the spring adjuster. I used to ride at 4 on my factory spring and went to 6 with the Hyperpro lowering spring , I weigh 160 pounds. If you are not getting the lowering spring I can not say, would assume it would stay about the same.
Thank you very much for your notes and clarifications. All explained is very good

I´m intending to do something like that

I weigh 95 kg or 209 lbs and I have the serial spring in position number 6.
You think I could get a position four with the Hyperpro spring?
Could you tell us your weight?

Thank you

Sorry by my english, it isn´t very good

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to just reduce diving but not want to change any setting on front. what should I do?

Depends.

Usually main reason for bike STARTED to dive is because fork oil got old and it's not slowing down suspension enough. So in that case replacing fork oil will be enough. I would give a try 10W oil (I'm using 15W but it seems little on heavy side for me).

However if it's not fork oil, it might be your fork springs are not adjusted to your weight. OEM FZ6 (at least in 2008) are two zone springs. They are initially very soft and then become very hard (It's not linear progressive spring).

My suspension guy recommended me to put 0.85 (IIRC) springs in mine and made custom preload spacers from PVC pipe.

I weight 160lbs.

How much do you weight ?

Check RaceTech Suspension website for idea what to use for your weight.

Back again - if you haven't changed fork oil for over a year, you might try putting new 10W or 15W (actually 15W with stock springs might work) fork oil and it should significantly improve on diving.