HyperPro Springs installed

pkoosa

Reaction score
Visit site
The kit comes with fork springs, 15wt. fork oil, and rear spring. Instructions are included, but I used the factory service manual. Installation was straight forward using the manual. I took the rear shock to a local motorcycle shop that swapped the rear spring for $5, because I didn't have the right tool to do it safely.

attachment.php

Stock OEM Spring on the Left, HyperPros on the Right and uses the OEM spacers.
attachment.php

Front forks raised 10mm. (hyperpro recommended 5mm in the instructions)
attachment.php

Rear spring. The heft of the HyperPro spring can be felt compared to the OEM.
attachment.php

Nifty chain/wheel alignment tool.
attachment.php

I'm 215lbs. with gear and don't have a lot of miles on since installing the springs, but the difference is night & day.
attachment.php

Last edited:

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to do this whole thing, but opted not to lower the bike after
GMD Computrack talked me out of it. He said the overall geometry would
stay the same, but swingarm movement and angle would be changed and might alter the handling. I'm not going on a track, but I love how this bike handles and figured I just get a lowered Corbin seat or something. I'm really interested to hear how it affected your ride, if at all. GMD also told me just putting in springs and new oil would not help my problem. I just put in new oil and Race Tech .90 springs, and even without riding it the front feels a heckuva lot better, and doesn't bounce like a worn out car shock. If it would ever stop raining here in north GA, I'll be able to know how it actually performs. But, if your bike works out fine, then I may order that spring and lower it just a bit. Traxxion is telling me to get an Ohlins rear shock with ride height and more adjustments. Seems folks like me just don't have $$ for that stuff these days, thanks to all our money going to bailouts and such.

T.:D

pkoosa

Reaction score
Visit site
These are not the "lowering springs", but the Regular height spec. There are 2 HyperPro kits available for the FZ6, Regular and 30mm Lowered. The springs are available separately or as a kit. I opted for the kit to have a matching set. There are other options available, but I found HyperPro to be the most cost effective solution for me that considered both front and rear of the motorcycle. $279 for the kit straight from HyperProUSA. http://www.hyperprousa.com/catalog.php?cat=Springs&make=Yamaha&model=YAMAHA+FZ6+04-08&model_name=YAMAHA%20FZ6%2004-08&springtype=Combi-Kit

I'll have to snap a picture of the bike from afar, but the height feels close to stock even with the forks raised 10mm. I did not take before and after measurements.

$5 was the labor the shop charged to swap the rear springs for me, not the cost of the spring itself. It took them less than 10min. to compress the springs for the swap.

Service manual specs the fork oil for each fork at 15.79oz. I can't say if it's the fork oil or the combination of both fork oil and springs, but the front end no longer wallows as it used to.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying these, especially for the rear since I don't want to spend $700 on an ohlins, but I want a spring that isn't going to bottom out or send every bump to my ass.

Too bad I can't buy the kit though since I have R6 forks and stock rear.

pkoosa

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying these, especially for the rear since I don't want to spend $700 on an ohlins, but I want a spring that isn't going to bottom out or send every bump to my ass.

Too bad I can't buy the kit though since I have R6 forks and stock rear.

I had the rear preload on 6 with the stock spring, it's now on 4 with the hyperpro spring, but may go down to 3.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering to get the same stuff, but installed by the hyperpro guys,
costs 350 euros, so thats a pretty big investment, since I have no idea if I'd even notice a difference, so compared to stock springs, is it worth the money? does it add comfort? or less comfort and more stability??

pkoosa

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering to get the same stuff, but installed by the hyperpro guys,
costs 350 euros, so thats a pretty big investment, since I have no idea if I'd even notice a difference, so compared to stock springs, is it worth the money? does it add comfort? or less comfort and more stability??

Is there a difference? yes. Is it worth the money? for me yes it was. I feel that aside from good tires, good suspension is worth the investment. I feel I've achieved that without breaking the bank. Comfort is subjective. The ride is more complaint and reassuring.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Dang...I am really interested in this. I just wish they would post the spring rates. I know it's progressive rating, but hmmmmmmm. I am going to contact them and see what I can get back.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried emailing them through their site, but kept coming up with an error. I will call them probably tomorrow, too busy right now. Just want to know what the spring rates are.