I just had to tell someone

needtoridetheworld

Reaction score
Visit site
Well today was the big day and I passed my class 1 FM drivers permit, which means I can drive a tractor trailer(53 foot), bus ,strait body truck ,emergency vehicle.In Quebec the FM means that I can drive any of the above vehicles with air brakes and a manual transmission.It took me 12 classes to get used to the double clutch and driving with a trailer but it was all worth it. Now I have to find a job.

Congrats on passing the test :cheer: :cheer: Everybody is always looking for trucks drivers so it wont take you long I dont think :thumbup:

:welcome: to my world :D Here is some of the jiggers i've had over the years :thumbup:

Well today was the big day and I passed my class 1 FM drivers permit, which means I can drive a tractor trailer(53 foot), bus ,strait body truck ,emergency vehicle.In Quebec the FM means that I can drive any of the above vehicles with air brakes and a manual transmission.It took me 12 classes to get used to the double clutch and driving with a trailer but it was all worth it. Now I have to find a job.

:rockon:Congratulations! :cheer:
Now get some ramps so a bunch of us can drive our bikes into that 53 footer and haul everyone one to SoCal so we can have, "1st FZ6 Forum International Picnic and Ride!" :BLAA:

Here is a few more :thumbup: Yes you have got me started :)

murphy_actros.jpg

mvc004s.jpg

Im a motorbike riding , truck driver who owns a caravan..... That makes me public enemy #1 :D :BLAA:

I'll translate for my fellow USAers. I believe that the term "caravan" means a camping trailer, not a Dodge minivan, correct? :)

Thanks for sharing your rigs Humperdinkle. I really enjoy seeing the neat trucks you guys have down there. My dad used to drive trucks in the 1950's before interstates, and he's always taught me to respect the trucks and their mass/momentum.

And congrats to needtoridetheworld too!

I'll translate for my fellow USAers. I believe that the term "caravan" means a camping trailer, not a Dodge minivan, correct? :)

Thanks for sharing your rigs Humperdinkle. I really enjoy seeing the neat trucks you guys have down there. My dad used to drive trucks in the 1950's before interstates, and he's always taught me to respect the trucks and their mass/momentum.

And congrats to needtoridetheworld too!

Well translated my friend :thumbup: You must be 2 parts Aussie :D

Pleasure sharing my steads , there is many millions of Kilometres in these hands around this great country & so many pics I really should scan :rockon:

All drivers should be put in a truck & shown what its like as part of obtaining a licence to drive I reckon , to us momentum is everything..

Well translated my friend :thumbup: You must be 2 parts Aussie :D

Pleasure sharing my steads , there is many millions of Kilometres in these hands around this great country & so many pics I really should scan :rockon:

All drivers should be put in a truck & shown what its like as part of obtaining a license to drive I reckon , to us momentum is everything..

I'm fascinated by Australia and hope to visit there someday. Speaking of your country and Caravans, here's an excellent website that I spent many hours reading:

Rob Gray :: graynomad :: wothahellizat

Is that the most awesome motorhome or what?

Being a railfan, I'm also interested by the neat railroads that you guys have too.

Congratulations! You're in Canada, so does that mean that I'll see you on the next season of Ice Road Truckers? ;)

Well done! When I retire I might get into trucking....idk. Great pic Hump! I suppose its good to respect things bigger then you.

i dont know if there is a Werner enterprises terminal near you and if your thinking about it or not but DONT DO IT werner is the biggest piece of monkey turd throwing company out there, i used to be a diesel mechanic for them and i spent half of my time recovering trucks from drivers who quit. they treat everyone they hire like a 2$ hooker

Back