If you were in the market for a superbike...

Superbike of my choice....

• Yamaha R1

Votes: 46 25.3%
  • Suzuki GSXR-1000

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Kawasaki ZX10-R

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Honda CBR1000RR

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • BMW S1000RR

Votes: 39 21.4%
  • KTM RC8-R

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Ducati 1199 Panigale

Votes: 22 12.1%
  • Aprillia RSV-4

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.9%

• Total voters

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm, you have the Ducati, Aprilia and KTM but no MV? Sacrilege!

F4RR please, but in reality I wouldn't have any of them, I can't ride a bike with those low bars.

Look at the price though :eek:

coloursprice-F4RR_eng.jpg

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From a cost and maintenance standpoint, probably the R1. I do like that RSV4 though.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am brand loyal for the most part so probably would end up being an R1, but I love the look of the KTM, Ducati, Aprilia, & MV.....

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
What are bikes like the busa zx14, b king, vmax called? Organ doaner transport bikes

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
If I were going to buy it with my own money? The R1 or maybe the zx10 if I got a deal + extras...

If money were no object... This:

TNT_1130_Titanium.jpg

Benelli just makes me drool for some reason... Not to mention you never see Benelli's! :drool:

Edit: Realizing I might catch some heat for calling a naked bike a SS... I'll add this too :D
Tornado_Tre1130.jpg

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
If i bought a supersport it would be Japanese. Id rather be riding than have a pretty bike thats always in the shop. the only good italian machine is the MV Agusta.

KTMs have poorly balanced motors ant the valves go out quickly
Ducati's are just the italian Harley-Davidson, overpriced and people only buy them for the sound they make.
Aprilias are prettier and more reliable than the Ducatis but that doesnt say a whole lot any more
I've lost all respect for BMWs

The new R1 is kinda ugly, Hondas are boring, Gixxers are for sqwids, and Ninjas are poser bikes...

so i guess my votes go:

600cc - The Ninja 636 or 600 because you get the most stuff standard, damper, best instrument cluster, and its the same price as the others.

Liter - probably an older R1 or an MV F4

id probably end up with a 600 for better handling, so there ya have it

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
Ducati's are just the italian Harley-Davidson, overpriced and people only buy them for the sound they make.

Wow, that's a pretty broad brush you got there! :)

Outside of the sound they make, some guys do actually win races with them,

[youtubevid]OTiTPAusog4[/youtubevid]

:BLAA:

D

Dave.TX

I said KTM because I haven't seen one yet and they look bad donkey. Those and the EBR's were tearing it up the latter part of the AMA season. This thread is a year old now. No MV Agusta; like the Ducati's they're just damned sexy. I'd have to go with BMW or Aprilia after those then the Japanese bikes. Honda or Yamaha then Suzuki (Suzuki would be last, they're not good looking to me). Might wait to see what they bring in triple motors soon...

Of course I'd have to feel comfortable on one of those, being 6'4", so that would be the deciding factor.

Jorosv

Reaction score
Visit site
Two mates bought RC8s and both leaked oil as a factory setting **** sake amazing bike but very badly put together.

Have had a GSX750R and a GSX1000R both were amazing bikes BUT with their drawbacks the 750 was a k3 and was to my taste pretty tame and hmm eve nmy FZ6n feels more alive, whereas teh 1000 was a k6 and was a mindblowing beast to ride every gear every twitch of your wrist results ina wheelie and without a damphener it would be impossible to ride relaxed it kept me on my toes even in slow riding conditions.

The BMW is probably the best and most amazing thing I have ridden all my life apart from the MV Agusta F4 i have had the pleasue of test riding both on a track and on every day rodes and trust me they are different beasts and what you might call consumer bikes. The beemer is a screamer and feels like you are riding a pitbul and the MV is absurdly well put together and very poised both astonishing bikes.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't fit well on any of them. The BMW is the closest thing that works for me. When I tuck on the R1 in the showroom my chin is almost on the top of the windscreen.

I'd go for a Tuono v4r. Super sport power, traction control, wheelie control and awesome in a naked setup.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that's a pretty broad brush you got there! :)

Outside of the sound they make, some guys do actually win races with them,
:BLAA:

I love the Ducati look and sound. However, everyone I've known to purchase one is constantly at the shop with their bike.

I think that race you showed was with the Multistrada. I knew a guy to get a brand new Multistrada and he had it in the shop like 3 times in the first 6 months.

If you change the oil and keep the chain lubed on a Japanese bike it will be good until it needs a valve check and new tires.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the Ducati look and sound. However, everyone I've known to purchase one is constantly at the shop with their bike.

I think that race you showed was with the Multistrada. I knew a guy to get a brand new Multistrada and he had it in the shop like 3 times in the first 6 months.

If you change the oil and keep the chain lubed on a Japanese bike it will be good until it needs a valve check and new tires.

actually, if you have an older air/oil cooled Duc they can be †pretty reliable.

† its still an itailian motorcycle.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Huh. My Monster 696 ran great for months, ran better than any other bike I've owned, and was the best handling bike I've ever had. Only maintenance I had to do on it was a valve check. 4 bolts to drop the engine completely out of the frame, all done in an hour.

If my wife hadn't complained that it burnt her legs, I'd still be riding it.

So... Yeah. Not sure you know what you're talking about. You honestly sound just like some poser harley d00d talking about jap bikes. "ZOMG, your bike wasn't made in Japan? It must suck!" :rolleyes:

Bruno-XJ6

Reaction score
Visit site
RSV4... Just to have the feeling of riding a V4 ss... Once i heard rumors here in Brazil that the next CBR1000RR would be a V4 based on motogp engine... But the new model came in and nothing really new... Anyone heard that before?

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Honda plays with the V4 design alot. But I don't think it sells well enough for some reason.

Personally I love the sound and I think it's the best of both worlds. Almost revs as high as a I4 and it puts out as much torque as a twin. The Ducati L2 is my all time fav of course, but the VFR800 and the GSX-R750 are close seconds for different reasons.

If Honda came out with a V4 CBR1000RR I'd do almost anything to pick that bad boy up.