Ignition Cylinder

rudjazz

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all...Ive recently been reunited with my 2005 FZ6 after someone stole it about 9 months ago....and It is going to need some work, lots of elbow grease, and some time to restore it...

has anybody ever had to replace the ignition cylinder? Im not sure what its called exactly, but the guy who stole my bike has been hot wiring it...so there is no place to use a key where you would normally lock, turn on and off the bike with the key..

Where can I get a new lock and key ignition cylinder? I still have my orginal keys but really have no idea where to buy one.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hi all...Ive recently been reunited with my 2005 FZ6 after someone stole it about 9 months ago....and It is going to need some work, lots of elbow grease, and some time to restore it...

has anybody ever had to replace the ignition cylinder? Im not sure what its called exactly, but the guy who stole my bike has been hot wiring it...so there is no place to use a key where you would normally lock, turn on and off the bike with the key..

Where can I get a new lock and key ignition cylinder? I still have my orginal keys but really have no idea where to buy one.
I thought the whole point of yamaha putting the imobiliser in was to prevent the scum bags from being able to steal our rides. Obviously not. I was quoted by a dealer in the UK that a new barrel and keys would cost £600.00 (he also said that I would need a new loom if this ever happend. So it really sucks for you.