Visit site
IL-2 Sturmovik Recovered from a Lake in Murmansk, Russia

WW2 in Colour: IL-2 Sturmovik Recovered from a Lake in Murmansk, Russia

il-2-1.jpg

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit off topic, but did you see that plane they found near the north pole that they restored to flying condition, spent many thousands but when they moved it, they forgot to bolt the battery down and the battery moved due to the uneven terrain and fell into the fuel canisters stored in the back of the plane?

A genuine historical gem was completely and utterly destroyed, hours from take-off.

They had spent months readying it and many thousands of dollars - and one small thing forgotten completely destroyed it.

I'll have to do a google when I get on my home 'puter. (but, if anyone else remembers.....)

Cheers,
Rick

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit off topic, but did you see that plane they found near the north pole that they restored to flying condition, spent many thousands but when they moved it, they forgot to bolt the battery down and the battery moved due to the uneven terrain and fell into the fuel canisters stored in the back of the plane?

A genuine historical gem was completely and utterly destroyed, hours from take-off.

They had spent months readying it and many thousands of dollars - and one small thing forgotten completely destroyed it.

I'll have to do a google when I get on my home 'puter. (but, if anyone else remembers.....)

Cheers,
Rick

You would be talking about 'Kee Bird' a beautifully restored B-29 that was destroy just before its first take-off run :(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFdFo9Yo0LI"]B-29 Frozen in Time Pt 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^wow

But for the IL-2....

Cooooooooooooool. Lol

I logged a lot of hours flying that thing. Made me really love the plane and research it a bunch to find out more about it. Still the best combat flight sim ever made:

IL-2_Sturmovik_Coverart.png

And the graphics are STILL not out-dated. The thing is wicked crisp at max resolution as well.

IL2_COD_PC_Screen_3.jpg

195179.jpg

This really makes me want to reinstall it and buy another throttle/stick combo. The only reason I ever stopped playing it was because I broke the joystick trying to dodge flak 88 shells iirc. Lol

Who else on the forum has this game? Let's shoot each other in the face. I miss this game/aircraft/etc.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_5_9__12&term=il-2

$10 for the core game. A steal if you ask me.

edit:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2656/

:O wow that's a great combo pack for anyone that's into this sort of thing. That sub game was the one that defined it's genre. Amazing stuff. Aaaaand for whoever ends up buying the combo pack, sorry for ruining your career haha.

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gametime next week? Busy this week. But yeah I'd have to dig it up and go out and buy a flight stick/throttle again.

One of these days...