I'm going on a ride about. Any points of interest. In SoCal.

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was intending to do a four day ride with my bud, over July 4 th weekend. There's a good chance he can't go now.

So in case he can't make it, I will go it on my own. I'm looking for interesting places to stop at. It would be easy if I was on the east coast. I would visit every civil war fort I could. But im not, so at this moment all I have for idea's is Yosemite.
:BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You should check out some of the areas to the north.

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
Big Sur, Hwy. 1 is a must ride. In the central coast, but I do that one from San Luis Obispo to Monterey and back about 4 times a year and never get tired of it.

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Still iffy whether he will make it. So off of the website Jerry put down I decided I'm going to slab it to San Fran to see my sister. Then lm going to visit Yosemite, and Kings canyon. I've selected a few choice roads, and a hike to see one of the biggest trees in North America.

polydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Big Sur, Hwy. 1 is a must ride. In the central coast, but I do that one from San Luis Obispo to Monterey and back about 4 times a year and never get tired of it.
+1 here... going up the one from as far south as LA and up the coast is an amazingly beautiful ride, not to mention plenty of twisties on 500 foot cliffs, etc... first "ride" i ever went on and it was amazing, you could also go up the coast to the bay area then across through sacramento to Tahoe, down through yosemite and the 395 has some great riding. But also in Socal there's obviously spots like mulholland drive in LA, the 154 between Santa Barbara and Buellton. You could take the 101 to the 33 in ojai to the 150 to the 192 through montecito/SB, then connect to the 154 towards lake cachuma, come out at buellton then take 101 up to san luis obispo where the 1 picks back up and you can follow that as long as you like, its amazingly gorgeous...