installed my FE kit...

Unfortunately becaus the UK plate is about 16 acres across we have to use the doggs arse. You can use a smaller plate. The Police are more likely to pull you over on a non-standard bike. So a FE is pointless in the UK unless your gona run an illegal plate.

Nelly

and I think with those huge plates it would hit your tire (tyre) if you bottomed the suspension

the connectors are all different so you should not have a problem, just make sure you know which side grey is and which side black is for the directionals. It took about 30 minutes to install and it went very easy. took me a minuted to figure out how the directionals disconnected, but not that hard.

Would you please share how many cables in total you had disconnect/connect.
FEKit007.jpg

Looking at the photo looks like 5;
one for plate light
one for left signal
one for right signal
one for brake light?
what is the other one for?

If I remeber correctly (doubtful) you only have to disconnect three (both signals and l.p. light). Reio care to elaborate?........

yeah, you only need to unplug left dir, right dir, and plate light, I also unplugged the brake so it was easier to play with the wires. the plate light has a positive and negative in tube clip connectors, thats why it looks like 5 connections.

Listen to Dan. I got it from him after he decided to redesign his bike,
no worries, i was more curious than anything as to whether i would be able to put it on over the weekend... and i was able to so no worries, it didn't take that long, i was just excited.

Haha, decided to redesign is putting it nicely lol.
Well glad it worked out anyway.

So i too just installed a fender eliminator kit, got mine from sportbike creations off of ebay it came with two led lights to replace the stock turn signals in the rear. I think I might have made a mistake, after I got all of it installed I flipped on my right rear signal and only two of the four little lights came on. So I took it off to send it back it and get a new one... BUT tried to contact them their phone number is disconnected and their email address doesn't exist anymore, so thats a bummer. In the process of trying to get a paypal claim on it. But I'll put up some pics anyways, sorry the last two are dark and a little difficult to see.

So i too just installed a fender eliminator kit, got mine from sportbike creations off of ebay it came with two led lights to replace the stock turn signals in the rear. I think I might have made a mistake, after I got all of it installed I flipped on my right rear signal and only two of the four little lights came on. So I took it off to send it back it and get a new one... BUT tried to contact them their phone number is disconnected and their email address doesn't exist anymore, so thats a bummer. In the process of trying to get a paypal claim on it. But I'll put up some pics anyways, sorry the last two are dark and a little difficult to see.

Looks good, bummer about the lights, get some more pics when you get the lights back...

well I put in my order.... so I will have a second Mod to do soon

how long did it take to come..,,,. I saw him apologize for taking a while

It really didn't take very long, 8 days, I just e-mailed after a week and asked for tracking, not meaning to be inpatient, just excited. and it showed up the next day, it was good dealing with Dan, but i don;t think he is the one that sells them on SBN, he just had one that he was selling.

I used this FE with my 2bros carbon fiber cans, works just fine. Allowed me to keep the stock turn signals (I want the cage to see I am turning) and avoid the rewire for the 2bros FE. Easy install, looks good.

I just installed my FE kit and it looks great!! Installation was pretty easy. Instructions could have been clearer but I figured it out quickly. Thanks member exhaust for sending it to me. It really does tidy up the rear end nicely. I didn't find any good direct before and after pics so I took my own. They are still not perfect but hopefully they show the difference well enough.

BTW, for anyone considering this mod I have seen a couple of "my FE fell off and hit my tire" threads recently so make sure you use the star washers and tighten the bolts properly.

Looks real nice. I think a little thread locker the red color locktight with the star warshers would help. It vibrates back there and you do not want to loose any bolts. Ther is only two. Black zip ties would help also.

Back