Installed Phone/I-pod/GPS mount on FZ6

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 21728

View attachment 21729Just installed a mount for my phone.View attachment 21728 I also put in a 12v power outet which I wired right to battery using a inline fuse which I mounted close to the battery. I got a phone mount which will turn for my Blackberry or my GPS.View attachment 21729 I used the vent mount that came with it. I glued it on with plastic weld. It is an epoxy you mix together. Then I filled in any gaps with radiator/gastank repair. It is that putty stuff that hardens like steel. I was going to put a screw threw it but I didn't. Staying on good so far. Im happy with how it turned out.:thumbup:

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 21728

View attachment 21729Just installed a mount for my phone.View attachment 21728 I also put in a 12v power outet which I wired right to battery using a inline fuse which I mounted close to the battery. I got a phone mount which will turn for my Blackberry or my GPS.View attachment 21729 I used the vent mount that came with it. I glued it on with plastic weld. It is an epoxy you mix together. Then I filled in any gaps with radiator/gastank repair. It is that putty stuff that hardens like steel. I was going to put a screw threw it but I didn't. Staying on good so far. Im happy with how it turned out.:thumbup:
Use a safety lanyard or something attached to your phone/GPS too just in case. Things that are glued and taking weight do not like vibrations. It may not last forever and having the expensive delicate electronic devices smash on the highway for the sake of a £3 lanyard seems silly! :eek: