Interest in Black Reflective Wheel Stripes?

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of offering these. With black wheels, they would be mostly transparent in the day but totaly psyco at night. With silver wheels, they would be an enhancement to the wheels in the day and badass at night.
They would be reasonably priced. Need to figure out material usage before I determine that.

Just a simple yes reply if you would be interested. Please don't reply with no's.

ScoobieDee

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be interested, having the 09 deep blue I don't think the typical blue rim tape would look right. As long as the price is right I'd be in.

Greg H

Reaction score
Visit site
I would possibly be interested. I was thinking of black wheel stripes on my silver wheels. I dont see any picture. Please post if you have one.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mike,

You're killing me. Stop offering things I want. :)

I just put blue on my '09, but as Scoobie hypothesized, it's a little mismatched during the day.

I would take them off if I had black.

Hate this place...couldn't even let the lady supersize her Big Mac meal because I just HAD to pick up Boneman's rearsets...

Scorp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I would take them off if I had black.

Before you invest in new stripes please do a search on wheel stripe removal. It is one of the most difficult things I attempted on my bike. First, you really have to take the wheels off your bike in order to tackle this issue properly. If you get past that, 2nd part is the real nightmare. I ended up removing an inch or two and then re-striping the 2 inches I removed after I realized how many hours it would take to take these off without scratching the rims. I decided to leave the whole thing alone after that. I heard this from other members too and maybe its the kind of crappy wheel stripe we used or something, Im not sure, but I would make sure the current ones come off before I order a second set. :thumbup:

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Before you invest in new stripes please do a search on wheel stripe removal. It is one of the most difficult things I attempted on my bike. First, you really have to take the wheels off your bike in order to tackle this issue properly. If you get past that, 2nd part is the real nightmare. I ended up removing an inch or two and then re-striping the 2 inches I removed after I realized how many hours it would take to take these off without scratching the rims. I decided to leave the whole thing alone after that. I heard this from other members too and maybe its the kind of crappy wheel stripe we used or something, Im not sure, but I would make sure the current ones come off before I order a second set. :thumbup:

Thank you; duly noted. I did have to take off about 8 inches and it was a royal pain. I'll have to do some research.

But the Interest is still there (I have a problem saying no).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reflective decals ARE a pain to remove but there are ways to make it easier. The first thing is to use a good adhesive remover. 3M decal and adhesive remover can be used to desolve the adhesive without damaging the painted finish. That in combination with a plastic scraper of some sort works great. Basically you first use a hair dryer to heat up the decal and make the top layer more peelable and peel it off. Then you put the adhesive remove on a rag very wet and hold it on the adhesive for a minute or so. Then use the scraper to scrape at the adhesive, frequently re-wiping the area with the saturated rag. I think goof-off my work fairly well also and mineral spirits will work also.

A hair dryer is your best friend with helping to remove any decal and is a secret most people dont know. Its also a very good tool to help lock down a decal that you dont want the edges to peel easily on and to help them stick better on a surface that may not be as smooth and flat as it would like it to be. Heating the glue makes it stick better, but also release better while it is warm.

They make plastic scrapers for removing caulk and other things and can be purchased at lowes or home depot. I usually just use one of my vinyl squeegies to do the scraping but not many people have those.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked em up on fleebay a couple weeks ago, you can grab the black retros for $14usd. They come in 1/4 sections tho. You looking to make group buy for cheaper than that? :don'tknow:

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I should have looked to see what was available on ebay first. Looks like this area is very well covered already. Scratch that idea:(

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have them on mine. Frankly they are not worth it unless you REALLY don't want anyone to know you have reflective rim tape on in the day-time. They reflect brown, but nowhere near as brightly or from as many angles as white or silver or even something that is usually slightly less bright than blue or green. I still like them as they match the rest of the bike, but they aren't a major safety enhancement for night-time like I had with the silver ones I installed on my last bike, or even the blue ones that helped at night like on the bike before that.

There are pics on my site if you are wondering how they look. They've stuck really well for 3 years though.

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't sell them as cheap as the guy on ebay does. There is $8 in materal cost alone. Hidden costs that most people dont even think about is the time that is consumed just in communicating and mailing and keeping track of who, what, when and where.

I will however sell them for $18 a set mailed first class if anyone would rather buy from them from me just because it's me and not some unknown person on the web. Just PM me and I'll give you paypal info.

I can do black, white, yellow, red, or orange right now...all are reflective. No blue...sorry.