Rev It Tarmac Air Mesh Jacket Review

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After finally receiving my jacket in the color Blue a few weeks ago, which this color is not available here in the USA; it has given me a chance to wear it for a few weeks which has allowed me to give my opinions and thoughts about the jacket even though the temperture hasn't even exceeded 100 degrees yet.

As you can see, not much Blue! Too much White! Plus no reflective gear for night riding visiblity.:thumbdown: But it does match my new Shoei Qwest Helmet which is the reason why I was so persistent in getting this jacket without even trying it on. I normally wear a small when it comes to jackets, but they have been known to run small so I ordered a Medium, and it was the correct choice.

P1010363.jpg

TARMACAIRJACKET004.jpg

The zippers used to seal up my wrist is constructed well and is heavy duty:thumbup:. However the metal zipper tab that is used to grab so you can close is too short. It tends to get buried or caught flushed against the zipper so it's next to impossible trying to grab a hold of it once your gloves are on. :thumbdown:

The direction in which the zipper should close to seal your side pockets zips is wrong in my opinion. To seal the pocket, it should go down with gravity, not up.:thumbdown: Once again, too much white. The most popular areas where you end up handling your jacket to open and close will be where you attach them or around your pockets. It's already getting dirty. This areas should have been blue, not white.:thumbdown:

P1010388.jpg

When it comes to safety gear, I am the perfect test subject just because I ride every day. Kind of like when a new car needs to be tested for it's durability, they provide it as a demo to cab companies where it's driven 24/7. My bike is my only ride. Sometimes I wonder who comes up with these designs? Somebody who does not ride a motorcycle?

Like I mentioned, too much White. Anyone who rides a motorcycle knows that any white clothing will pick up dirt instantly since you are actually exposed to the elements of nature. Areas where its very windy and dusty such as Las Vegas, the dirt will show up even more. So it's not very windy or dusty where you live? Do you have bugs? Once again the color white, not too good when your jacket gets pelted with different bugs.

If there is a version II, here is what I would like to see:

Less White.......Reverse the areas where it's colored with white.
Reflective tape......Add reflective material in the back
Zipper.....for pockets, change the direction so that it goes down to close.
Zipper Tab.....needs to be longer so you can grab them with your gloves.

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You do look smokin' hot in it thought Kenny. :BLAA:

Great thorough review of the jacket especially with the little things most of us overlook when shopping for protective clothing. Well done. :thumbup:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Yep, looking spiffy:thumbup:
You should send feedback to the manufacture, let them know that for a few bucks you will evaluate their products. I'm with you on who designs some of these products, they may have a degree but NO practical experience at all:spank:

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A great looking jacket. It does look great with the helmet. :rockon: I know what you mean about white.

Home depot carries this stuff called Folex. It's a lot cheaper by the gallon and just buy a generic spray bottle. When the white starts looking funky. spray it with Folex and use a tooth brush in the tough stained areas. Let it set for a while. Pull the armor and wash the jacket. I have a 3 year old jacket with white on it and the white looks almost brand new! The Folex is like an enzyme type cleaner. Works great on most stains.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great Kenny. I've got the gray Air jacket and really like it. I'm not too worried about the reflective tape.

I really like how the air actually flows through the jacket. I got the Rotor pants to go with it. Now those do have reflective tape.

What I really like about RevIt is the quality of the armor, it is second to none. I upgrade the foam back pad to the SaS Tec armor, works great.

I've got a season on mine, about 3,000 miles and it holding up well. I'm curious to hear what you think about it a year from now.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great Kenny. I've got the gray Air jacket and really like it. I'm not too worried about the reflective tape.

I really like how the air actually flows through the jacket. I got the Rotor pants to go with it. Now those do have reflective tape.

What I really like about RevIt is the quality of the armor, it is second to none. I upgrade the foam back pad to the SaS Tec armor, works great.

I've got a season on mine, about 3,000 miles and it holding up well. I'm curious to hear what you think about it a year from now.

Pete,

Do they sell that SaS in a cuttable generic sized piece or do you have to match it?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks good, thanks for the review Kenny :thumbup:

I can imagine that white is really difficult to keep clean, but it is the coolest colour (I'm talking temperatures here), and safe too :thumbup:

but most importantly it matches your helmet :BLAA: