I've gone over to the other side.....

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone requested an update. I've had my 05 Z-750s for a few weeks now, put some good miles on her and I just love it. Having owned Harley's and raced old Yamaha TT-500's I really missed the torque. The Z-750s has plenty. Plus, get many looks as there is only one other in my area that I know of.

thats not much of a report man.. i dont need war and peace, but give us a bit more... how bout some more camera shots too??? it looks good in the pictures you have, but i want more :thumbup:...

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ-6 is a nice bike, but found myself "working" to keep up with buddies and allways having to take the RPM over 8k to hit the power band. Plus with the Two-Brothers...felt like bike was always screaming. My buddy has a Z750, which is how came to know it, and the powerband is linear. This means that I have good torque/power from almost any gear. I also love the gold engine and pipes= different.

The Z750 has only about 12 more hp and 20 more lbs. I doubt this ride will help you keep up with your friends.

Tim

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Z750 has only about 12 more hp and 20 more lbs. I doubt this ride will help you keep up with your friends.

Tim

more factors than peak power will make the bike act way different. you have to look at whole power curve to really tell the differences...:thumbup:

Bruce McCrary

RDY2GO!
Reaction score
rdytogo.blogspot.com
Very cool bike. Congrats.

I've got a customer that has one and loves it. He's looking for some lower fairings for it and I haven't seen any, but haven't had much time to look. If you know of any, or hear of any I'd be interested so that I can pass the info along.

Bruce

audible

Hear Me?
Reaction score
Visit site

Tim

Well, Kawasaki claims 110hp. The key is the gearing and powerband. The powerband on the Z750 is linear...which I love:rockon:. Whereas the FZ-6's power is in the high RPM's.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
STOP!

You are talking about a completely different (but related bike), the Kawasaki ZR-7s. The ZR-7 (and ZR-7s) were sold in the usa BEFORE the Z750s came out (2000-2005 were the years iirc). The ZR-7s has the ancient air cooled motor, although it is very liveable and reliable after literally decades of improvement. The ZR-7s is carb'd, has a steel frame, etc. The Z750s came out in 2005. It uses a sleeved-down Z1000 engine with the same radiator and transmission used in the bigger bike. The Z750s has fuel injection, a modern aluminum frame and liquid cooling. It makes over 100 horespower (compared to around 70 in the ZR-7s).

Just so we're all on the same page :thumbup:

Good thing I was halted in my tracks before anyone was hurt. Too many Zs in one paragraph for me.