Just added swing arm spools

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
I searched around for a while for a way to add swing arm spools. I didn't want the through the axle ones because I wanted to be able to use it to work on the rear wheel. I ended up buying one and then replacing the bolts with longer ones and drilling through the swing arm. Here is a pic.

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
But you have a centre stand :confused:

Yes, I know. I want to polish my rear wheel, so the wheel will be off for a while. The bike will be much more stable on the spools than on the center stand without the rear wheel, specially around my 4 year old.

And since I don't use the center stand much, other than in the garage, I might end up removing it.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I know. I want to polish my rear wheel, so the wheel will be off for a while. The bike will be much more stable on the spools than on the center stand without the rear wheel, specially around my 4 year old.

And since I don't use the center stand much, other than in the garage, I might end up removing it.

My bike never had a center stand, IMO it looks cleaner without and you save a few pounds...

A swing arm stand is all you need!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure i understand, does a center stand offer protection in a drop?

Or do you mean it is easier to drop a bike while using a paddock stand?

MUCH EASIER to drop with a paddock stand... You have to stand somewhat back and do it or get a helper... The centerstand, one person, no muss, no fuss.

If you need to move the bike around with the back wheel off, I have and strongly suggest a "Park and Move":

Legal Speeding | About Us

Put your centerstand on it, spin it around in 360's if you want. Very heavy duty and is very handy should you have to move the bike into a very tight spot...:thumbup:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
MUCH EASIER to drop with a paddock stand... You have to stand somewhat back and do it or get a helper... The centerstand, one person, no muss, no fuss.

If you need to move the bike around with the back wheel off, I have and strongly suggest a "Park and Move":

Legal Speeding | About Us

Put your centerstand on it, spin it around in 360's if you want. Very heavy duty and is very handy should you have to move the bike into a very tight spot...:thumbup:

I don't know, it does feel pretty safe using a paddock stand on my own...

I guess different strokes for different people!

Blackcombe

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a set of paddock stands and as i have the 04 naked with no centre stand i found easier to put bike on the side stand with a block of timber under the stands foot to keep the bike just off of true vertical and then the paddock stand lifts the rear so easily on my own. Mind you keeping hand on bike and slightly pulling towards side stand side at all times has worked for me.