Just another new guy

Tallfry

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to everyone, I am checking in from Springfield Oregon. I have been riding ATV’s my whole life and wanted to try out the riding on the street. I took the local safety class to earn my endorsement last year did a lot of research and finally decided to sell my quad and buy a new 07 Yamaha Team Blue (the fastest blue they make) FZ6. No mods yet but they will come, oh yes the will come. I have been checking out your site the last couple weeks and decided to join. It looks like there is a lot of good information on this board and a lot of good people. It will fit in nicely with the local forum I belong to. On the personal side I work as a Failure Analysis Tech for a Semi-conductor company. I will get some pics up when I can. Casey

Hi, I'm new as well with only 30 miles on my bike. I have mostly been in the dirt as well. I ran a CB 450 on the street when I was a kid (18) and later I ran across an "Intruder" for a great deal (had to buy it) ran it for a couple of years but never liked it. I traded the Intruder for a CR250 which I still have. Not worth selling at this point.

So what kind of mods are you planning for your FZ6?

Last edited:
For mods I plan on a fender eliminator, Puig windscreen, K&N filter. I am trying to find nice flush mount blinkers but I have not seen any for the 07. I am also waiting to see if the new Akrapovic comes out for the FZ6.

Hello to everyone, I am checking in from Springfield Oregon. I have been riding ATV’s my whole life and wanted to try out the riding on the street. I took the local safety class to earn my endorsement last year did a lot of research and finally decided to sell my quad and buy a new 07 Yamaha Team Blue (the fastest blue they make) FZ6. No mods yet but they will come, oh yes the will come. I have been checking out your site the last couple weeks and decided to join. It looks like there is a lot of good information on this board and a lot of good people. It will fit in nicely with the local forum I belong to. On the personal side I work as a Failure Analysis Tech for a Semi-conductor company. I will get some pics up when I can. Casey
Welcome mate,
Good call on safety classes. Your off road skills will certainly aid you. Well belated happy Easter and welcome again.

Back