Kawasaki Demo Day

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So the demo trailer was here in a Reno last weekend. I was teaching a motorcycle class at the college that day so I made it for the last ride. Fortunately I got to ride the bike I wanted to ride, the 2020 Ninja 1000 SX. Has a clutchless shifter and it was tough getting use to it, damn muscle memory kept kicking in to use the clutch. Seems a bit rough from 1st into 2nd, but much smoother after that. The bike has an upright riding position and you can get a set of panniers to go with the bike to make it a sport touring bike. Also had cruise control but didn’t have time to figure it out on the group ride. I only have one more payment to make on my Multistrada so now I’m looking for a 2nd bike in the next year. The 2020 Ninja 1000 is on the top of my list.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Jerry @Jblk9695 has an earlier version. Honda has been in the automatic or clutchless science, it seems for a while now

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if he still has the Ninja. I thought he had more than one bike. He's had a few spiders.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe it is just me, but - I dont' find this bike attractive on the outside. Reminds me of something that played a brief scene in the Transformers 2 movie.... just odd angles and corners.
I kind of thought along those same lines with some of Yamaha's later designs. They look transformerish to me. The later engineering designs are tops for the dollar with the same towards quality and workmanship. The only part of the ninja that's made me scratch my head is the bulky ass exhaust cans. I could see maybe the FMF squarish looking aftermarket can instead.

Last edited:

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I kind of thought along those same lines with some of Yamaha's later designs. They look transformerish to me. The later engineering designs are tops for the dollar with the same towards quality and workmanship. The only part of the ninja that's made me scratch my head is the bulky ass exhaust cans. I could see maybe the FMF squarish looking aftermarket can instead.

Agreed re: Yamaha, I would not say it is only Kawasaki that has lines I don't always appreciate. I want to like the Tracer, but it has a touch of that as well (IMO) - not to the same degree, and I like the cleaner/smaller lines of the saddle bags. We should start a thread to argue the merits of the different bikes we find "attractive". I find myself much more attracted to the lines of Ducati - the Multistrada with saddlebags is beautiful - and I like older Yamaha and Honda sportbikes. I like the Suzuki M109... so I guess I'm biased to more gentle lines and less angular.

But with regards to the quality of engineering designs - totally agree.