Kill switch help

Hazardous006

Reaction score
Visit site
I happen to move to another job where i dont have a secure place to put my bike. i have locks and looking into alalrms, but i was wondering if anyone could help me on how i would wire up a kill switch for extra security. i have the entire service manual for my 06 but the wiring diagrams are not very helpful..

Battery cutoff looks good, but remember, the bike only weighs 400 lbs, 3 guys can load it into the back of a pickup truck quickly and be off. You might want to look at those kinds of theft deterent devices instead.

Battery cutoff looks good, but remember, the bike only weighs 400 lbs, 3 guys can load it into the back of a pickup truck quickly and be off. You might want to look at those kinds of theft deterent devices instead.

Yup and this is why they make alarms with proximity switches. Get too close and I hope you have a good set ear plugs........

if somone wants to steal the bike they won't just start it and leave with it. They will most likely load it into a van within 30s and drive off. If you want something to make it harder for them to steal, get a high strength chain with a padlock.

Bieks are not stolen in the same fashion as cars. They don't rip open the ingition and start splicing wires together and then take off with it. And like it was mentionned above, the best security system is a a theft insurance, or a BIG FAT HEAVY motorcycle which will take 5ppl to lift. :D

News flash folks, it takes two men to load a Fatboy into a pick up truck and that chain or disc lock won't even slow them down unless it is secured to a fixed object like a pole. Loud alarms on bikes work and loud alarms with proximity switches work even better because they can be triggered not by motion alone but rather, by the thief getting inside the range of the switch which can be set to as little as 12".

News flash folks, it takes two men to load a Fatboy into a pick up truck and that chain or disc lock won't even slow them down unless it is secured to a fixed object like a pole. Loud alarms on bikes work and loud alarms with proximity switches work even better because they can be triggered not by motion alone but rather, by the thief getting inside the range of the switch which can be set to as little as 12".

Yup. I'm waiting for a talon 3300ip to be delivered.
:: TALON MOTORCYCLE ALARM SYSTEMS ::

I'm hoping it'll be here sometime next week.

Back