Knoxville TN Tour De Cure 2013

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I'm doing it again! Signed up fairly early this year. 201 days to go to reach my goal, and to train. Last year was a blast, and I am looking forward to it again this year.

After breaking my 5th metacarapal a few months ago I stopped riding, and haven't started back yet. Got a bit of training to do to catch back up and get to where I can ride the 50+ miles I will need to be at.

So lets see how many donations I can get this year! I have set a pretty hefty goal of $500. Donating is as easy as clicking the picture in my signature. Share with your family and friends, this is for a good cause. My family is riddled with Diabetes, the most recent addition being my Niece a few years ago was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes, so this is more than just a charity event for me. I am working on a blog to keep anybody interested updated on my training, and to help force myself to stay on track lol.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been difficult keeping up with my blog and everything else I have going on. Recently received my new Jersey though :D.
attachment.php

I am in some bad need of donations. Still currently sitting at the amount I donated when I signed up for the ride :(. Less than a month to go to the ride!

Training is still going. Climbing some decent hills now, so should be good to go by June 8th.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a good ride! Ended up raising $248 this year. Did the 43 mile route, with a slight 1 1/2 mile wrong turn. Weather was perfect, bike was perfect. About 10 miles from the finish, my thighs started to cramp a little when I would stand up out of the seat. Then about 5 miles to go, they were cramping up whenever I would pedal harder. The last hill was brutal, so much pain as my calfs, thighs, and glutes were all cramped up. I made it though 45.3 miles! Longest ride I have ever done.

2013 Tour de Cure on Strava

Already looking forward to next year!