(LA area) Are you the FZ6 commuter I see on the 210 eastbound in the carpool lane?

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
I normally see a FZ6 commuter on the 210 freeway heading eastbound at around 8pm, who always passes me in the carpool lane.

I'm in my truck in the fast lane and am always passed by an FZ6 with stock exhaust and the stock single headlight setup.

Are you a member of this forum?

If you are what is your user name. I don't normally see any FZ6's around and would like to say hi to a local rider.

:welcome:

Last edited:

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
If any of you know this guy let him know a local rider said :welcome:

Let's get a roll call on any other local LA County, SanBernardino County, Riverside County, and Orange County riders:welcome:

Give your user name, years riding, local city, and a brief description of your ride:thumbup:

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
User name: SeekGod1st

Years riding: 5yrs

Local City: Duarte, Ca.

Brief Description of ride: 2005 FZ6 Cerulean Silver/Black, the most enjoyable ride I've ever owned.

I've had 2 other sportbikes years back, an 1990 Yamaha YZF, and a 1992 Suzuki GSXR. Neither compare to the enjoyment I have with my FZ6.

I like the all around riding setup of the FZ6 so much better!

If I ever get another bike, I will definitely stay in the Yamaha family, it would be an FZ1 similar but bigger.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
rsw81
Riding 3 years
City: Fontana, CA --> commuting to Moreno Valley
My Ride: Triumph Street Triple R. Previously had a 2006 FZ6 in Faster Blue.

Looking forward to seeing if the FZ8 comes to fruition.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, where in the hell have you've been? There are lots of local riders here on this forum who LOG on everyday.

You just missed a massive get together this weekend. It was awsome!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/im-going-ride-you-comin/21632-so-cal-ride-sept-12-now-pics.html

Yeah, and one of those riders rode like 300 miles to get to the start of the ride and then after the ride rode 300 miles home! Hahaha. Kenny you're too much! Props to you!:rockon:

Cliff

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, where in the hell have you've been? There are lots of local riders here on this forum who LOG on everyday.

You just missed a massive get together this weekend. It was awsome!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/im-going-ride-you-comin/21632-so-cal-ride-sept-12-now-pics.html
Yea, I was tracking the ride and wanted to go but had to work, if I didn't work I would've had to go to a wedding.

It was a lose, lose situation.

Vegasrider did you really ride down and back all in one day?

We need to set up a ride near me there are 4 great local spots through the twisties here.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I was tracking the ride and wanted to go but had to work, if I didn't work I would've had to go to a wedding.

We need to set up a ride near me there are 4 great local spots through the twisties here.

Yes he did!
Vegasrider is a warrior!

Gort,
Klatuu Barada Nikto

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

LOL.... lose, lose situation.

I've done that several times now, twice down to Palomar and once through Big Bear.

What area are you talking about as far as your 4 local spots?

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL.... lose, lose situation.

I've done that several times now, twice down to Palomar and once through Big Bear.

What area are you talking about as far as your 4 local spots?
The 4 local spots are Azusa St. (highway 39), Glendora Mtn. Rd., Mountain St. (which goes from 1500ft. to 6500ft. in 13 miles) and goes to the top of Mt. Baldy and has a quaint city of about 200 people near the top, and Angeles Crest highway 2.

All these spots run through the twisties and highway 2 and 39 are regular bike riding spots in our area.

I have a question for you, tell me you had cruise control to help you on your warrior ride and if so what type.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The 4 local spots are Azusa St. (highway 39), Glendora Mtn. Rd., Mountain St. (which goes from 1500ft. to 6500ft. in 13 miles) and goes to the top of Mt. Baldy and has a quaint city of about 200 people near the top, and Angeles Crest highway 2.

All these spots run through the twisties and highway 2 and 39 are regular bike riding spots in our area.

I have a question for you, tell me you had cruise control to help you on your warrior ride and if so what type.

I understand Angeles Crest Highway is closed due to the Station Fire from a couple of weeks ago. However, this is a stretch of highway that I would like to ride as I have never ridden through there before. Once again, I will be patient and wait for some of the Southern California members to assemble a controlled ride to lead the way. I'm not going to underestimate this highway by disrespecting the challenges it has to offer as many riders have done so in the past. I don't want to be a statistic.

As far as cruise control, yes I do have one. It's my right wrist and it was set at 95mph on the way home.

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
User name: ZRXINLA (formerly red06fz6 :D)

Years riding: off and on for 21 years ( since I was 15 ;) )

Local City: Montebello, CA.

Brief Description of ride: I currently have a 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R. Previous bikes Ive had: 2006 Red FZ6 (of course), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 cruiser, 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250, 1983 Honda Nighthawk 450. :rockon:

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
I understand Angeles Crest Highway is closed due to the Station Fire from a couple of weeks ago. However, this is a stretch of highway that I would like to ride as I have never ridden through there before. Once again, I will be patient and wait for some of the Southern California members to assemble a controlled ride to lead the way. I'm not going to underestimate this highway by disrespecting the challenges it has to offer as many riders have done so in the past. I don't want to be a statistic.

As far as cruise control, yes I do have one. It's my right wrist and it was set at 95mph on the way home.
Vegasrider if I would've made that ride my arm would've fallen off or it would be so numb when it fell off I wouldn't felt it, you are definitely HARDCORE.

Guy's thanks for the shout outs!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a preference between the FZ6 and the Street Triple R.

What in particular and why?

There was a thread about this elsewhere, but in short:

The FZ6 is better on the highway only for wind protection. In ALL other regards, the Triumph is a superior bike. Power, suspension, transmission, ergos, gauge cluster, brakes, seat... you name it, it's better.