Least we not forget

hamslice01

Reaction score
Visit site
please take the time to thank a soldier. its free and it means way more then most will ever know. And dont ever forget our sacrafices

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm off to annual training tomorrow morning to beautiful and balmy Ft. Polk, Louisiana.

We are assisiting one our Texas National Guard Independent Brigade Combat Teams (IBCT) prepare to go back to Iraq. They returned from Iraq about three years ago and their number is up again. If I had not transferred units I'd be going back with them as the my old company is part of that Brigade.

Texas is pioneering a new compressed train up cycle to shorten the total deployment time by two months. We are the first National Guard IBCT to try this approach and my team is there to monitor the training, the command and control, and assist the Brigade with subject matter expertise at needed. We have a four star general coming to visit this summer. No pressure....

My role this go around is the G3 (Division Operations) Sergeant Major (E9). I'm very honored to be appointed to this as a Master Sergeant (E8). I'm confident we will do a very good job.

A big Army Hooah to all service members, past and present!

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Both my father and uncle were some of the first to land with No4 commando. They both got back safely.

Some 40 years after the landings and long after my uncle had died a package arrived at my aunts house.

My uncle had been awarded Frances highest military award, the Croix de Geurre for actions he took during the landings. It just took the french a little time to deliver it. My uncle had never mentioned anything out of the ordinary about the landings, even to my father. It was a very proud moment for all the family.

I will be FZ6 it down to Normandy from denmark in July so I will post some pics on here.

Steve

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Both my father and uncle were some of the first to land with No4 commando. They both got back safely.

Some 40 years after the landings and long after my uncle had died a package arrived at my aunts house.

My uncle had been awarded Frances highest military award, the Croix de Geurre for actions he took during the landings. It just took the french a little time to deliver it. My uncle had never mentioned anything out of the ordinary about the landings, even to my father. It was a very proud moment for all the family.

I will be FZ6 it down to Normandy from denmark in July so I will post some pics on here.

Steve

Well you know, the cost of postage has gone up...

Glad to hear the both made it back, so many didn't.

mustnt grumble

Reaction score
Visit site
:uk: BRITISH :uk:

Absolutely. And sorry to be a pedant, but the phrase is "Lest we forget".

Nice sentiments though, I'm taking my first biking trip to the Continent in a couple of weeks and will be spending a day looking at the battle sites of Normandy.

Last edited: