leather trousers
textile/leather gloves
but personally i prefer mixture

Last edited:

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally use textile (fabric) jacket/gloves and leather/textile boots...hate to admit it but no proper MC pants yet :spank: but voted "Leather" simply due to its superior abrasion resistance. At first I was thinking "Mixture of both" like leather in the most likely to slide on areas and textile for air flow and articulation. But then remembered perforated leather for air flow and pleats for bendy areas so......leather hands down for safety!

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I really don't know what I would say would be safer, it depends on your riding style. If your worried about sliding on the pavement due to falling at highway speeds or if your worried about falling over with a low speed impact. I know someone who had a textile jacket and all the stitching came undone while he was rolling around after a crash at highway speed, so the jacket really didn't do much in helping him avoid road rash.

I know with racing most stick to leather for the style of riding they do. I have heard that denim is a good choice for standing up against this type of abrasion as well.

I also agree it depends on the weather and how hot it is outside. Being able to breath will make riding more enjoyable and keep you wanting to put on the gear rather than opt out just because it's above 90 out.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be interested to hear more about experiences with textiles. If the stitching is not done well it will come loose on a leather jacket the same way. Wonder if some of the bad rap on textiles is the low cost jackets that are so common. Would not expect a jacket from one of the premium brands to have the stitching abraded off.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be interested to hear more about experiences with textiles. If the stitching is not done well it will come loose on a leather jacket the same way. Wonder if some of the bad rap on textiles is the low cost jackets that are so common. Would not expect a jacket from one of the premium brands to have the stitching abraded off.

Well the guy I talked with had a jacket from a well known name in the motorcycle market.

I'm not sure what you would qualify as a premium brand.