LED Signals...Fail.

86FZ6PDX

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed flush mount LED signals in the front and smaller LED signals in the back, they worked for a day, no they're gone. Fuse issue? Different size fuse? Any thoughts?

The stockies worked fine, the LEDs worked fine when I checked them before putting them on, when I installed the fronts they were fine, then I installed the rears, and they wont work. they are the cheapos, but from a seller I trust for stuff for my car also.

+1 Check your fuse but also recheck your wiring. If it is the fuse and you have a short, it will blow again. Some flashers quit working when the load changes so you may have to get an electronic flasher relay replacement meant to work with LEDs.

Last edited:
You need the proper flasher unit, specifically for LED's. The stock one is no longer seeing the correct load that falls in it's range. Just in case that's not the issue though(I'm pretty sure it is though), check the wiring inside the signal stock. I had a rear that kept popping fuses, and there was a short inside the stock! And when that fuse pops, the whole tail section goes dark. Not even the tail light will work. Not good!

You may need to install some resistors for all 4 of the led's - any come with the signals you purchased? It worked great once I did this on mine. The symptom this fixes is usually the indicators flashing too fast though... It may not be the cause of your problem.

my led signals work fine with the stock flasher.

you can get a universal flasher at the parts store for $3.99 if you need one.

Back