LED signals install help

Fz672110

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,
I purchased a fender eliminator off of eBay recently with LED signals and a plate light included. My question is, how do I install the signals? I'm trying to trace the old signal wires back, but I'm having trouble. I watched some youtube vids and it seems to be plug and play. They were all different bikes though so I'm not recognizing what I've been trying to study. Not an expert mechanic by no means, but I like to try things myself. I definitely need you guys on this one!
Thanks,
-Kyle

I'll include some pics to show the signals and the plate light.

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up using the original turn signal wires and splicing/soldering those turn signals to them. I lost my driving lights, but that might have to do with the integrated taillight I installed to, the turn signal feature worked just fine.

Fz672110

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up using the original turn signal wires and splicing/soldering those turn signals to them. I lost my driving lights, but that might have to do with the integrated taillight I installed to, the turn signal feature worked just fine.
Alright thanks, I'll do it that way. Did you replace the relay also? If so, is it the one inside the left front fairing?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Red & Black LED plate light:
Red to Switched Power running lights is:
+12V switched power is from Blue/Red Trace but further down near the OEM lamp, its solid blue wire.
The Black LED Plate wire need go to a ground wire. I think those are black on the bike.

Look under the left pod for the connections:

As for the blinkers: On the Bike:
Left turn is a solid chocolate/brown << CORRECTION (Not RED)>>
Right turn is a solid Green

If you're not in a hurry order the three pin coupler Yamaha used so you're not hacking up the OEM harness. Its three conductor housing but only has two conductors.
Looks like so: View attachment 56192
From: Yamaha OEM Turn Signal Connectors, 3-Wire (pair) &ndash; Custom LED

I'd guess the Yellow is + and Black is Ground. Use crimp and heat shrink over soldering.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+12V switched power is from Blue/Red Trace but further down near the OEM lamp, its solid blue wire.
The Black LED Plate wire need go to a ground wire. I think those are black on the bike.

Left turn is a solid RED

If you're not in a hurry order the three pin coupler Yamaha used so you're not hacking up the OEM harness. Its three conductor housing but only has two conductors.
From: Yamaha OEM Turn Signal Connectors, 3-Wire (pair) &ndash; Custom LED

I'd guess the Yellow is + and Black is Ground. Use crimp and heat shrink over soldering.

Left turn is chocolate/brown but I see how it could look like a faded red.. :)
Right turn is green.

Fz672110

Reaction score
Visit site

Left turn is a solid chocolate/brown << CORRECTION (Not RED)>>

From: Yamaha OEM Turn Signal Connectors, 3-Wire (pair) – Custom LED

Thanks! I took the left pod off and found the connections. It looks like there are two relays? And then a third in the front left for the front signals? Do I need to replace all three, and what should I replace them with?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...versal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/

LF1-S-FLAT Universal Motorcycle Electronic Flasher

Get the electronic flasher. It works regardless of the load (within reason) and you won't have to play with inefficient resistors to load match for proper flash rate. :)

This is the only flasher relay you need. If you have a fairing model FZ6 the flasher relay will be in the lower left hand side of the front fairing. It's on a little rubber mount that can be pulled off a plastic tab inside the fairing.