LED's and Lighting ideas?

Reaction score
Visit site
Would like to convert tail/brake lights to led's with flashing brake lights. Also would like to convert turn signals to led's and while i'm at it, have the rear turn signals work as always on running lights. Anyone have experience with this, such as vendors, how-to articles, etc.? Would like to have a plug 'n play installation..... the simpler the better.

I know what you're thinking, "If they gonna hit me in the rear, they got to catch me first." Good point. They can play tag at the stoplights.

This Houston traffic makes me paranoid.

W

wrightme43

http://www.signaldynamics.com/

I am all for it. One thing though. Amber light to the rear unless it is flashing to indicate a turn is illegal, and confusing.

If you want to light up the back check the site above, also they have the stuff to run led bulbs with out the fast flash.
Downside LED bulbs are not a good as incandescent yet. Except for one or two manufaturers and they are expensive.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
This Houston traffic makes me paranoid.

What part of Houston you live in. I live in Santa Fe which is about 30 to 40 minutes outside of Houston. Do you ever go on to the Moto Houston website. There are a lot of great people on there. As a matter of fact if you are up to it we are having cycle only drag races in Angleton next sat. It will be from 3 or 4 till 11. A lot of bikes and a good chance to meet some new people. If you are interested we could get some people together to meet up at a halfway spot and we could all make the ride down there.

Finally someone from my area! :rockon:

Reaction score
Visit site
Channelview is home plate. Sorry I won't be able to make the drags. BTW, went to Tejas Motorsports in Highlands to get a tire replaced. Still makes that noise. But I digress. They are having a bike night Sat Aug 25th from 7pm to (?). Their ad says they will have a live band, free food & refreshments. They will feature a shine & show, best sport bike, best cruiser judgings. Way things are going, may not be able to make this one either.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Ive done a few LED mods such as:

LED Turn Signal strips:Boneman's "FAZED" web site - Mods: Rear LED Amber Signal Strip Lighting

Rear LED Brake lights: Boneman's "FAZED" web site - Mods: Rear LED Brake Light

LED POD Lights:Boneman's "FAZED" web site - Mods:pod Lights

LED Turn Signals (With wiring diagrams): Boneman's "FAZED" web site - Mods: LED Flush Mount Blinkers

You can buy some great LED lighting products at these places (I've bought from both)

SUPERBRIGHT LEDS SUPER BRIGHT LEDS home

OZNIUM HID Kits, LEDs & Neons - underbody kits, LEDs, cathodes, hid kits

Hope those help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, Boneman. Good thing stupidity ain't painful. Might could be I'd be in a world of hurt, but of course, I wouldn't admit to it, never mind some of the stuff I got away with in my mis-spent youth.
And many thanks to you, Wrightme43 and gr8eyes for the leads. After I figure out the 'tire howling" sound, I'll get busy on the other stuff. First things first, as soon as time and money allow.

and Jamesfz6, hope you made the drags (weather permitting). My blushing bride is recovering from a knee replacement, and is having some challenges with it. Can't get too far away. Thanks for the invite.

Last edited: