Leo Vince

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, Leo's are da bomb! Do you have the baffles in or out? (i took mine out ;) ) I dont think there is a difference for the different years, isnt the exhaust system the same for 04-06 as to 07-08? Anyhow enjoy them!

I took the dB killers out and went for a short spin around the block, seemed a bit droney (sp?), so put them back in. Have used the cat elim pipe, so for me (and the coppers), they're noisey enough... I love 'em.

The guys at Yamaha World here said that the header pipe is different on the '07, so this set wouldn't fit. I was thinking the same thing, surely they would fit if you left the cat pipe on there??? (but then again, who would want to leave that on there??)

Enjoy them I will.

Cheers, Dave.

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Wow, there's Leo's everywhere...lol

I just fitted mine last weekend, only the Aluminium style, but I think they look sweet. (mine had the metal LV logo's already on them :thumbup:).
It's like riding a brand new bike again, much louder, more power, and the "buzz" i used to feel at around 5000 RPM seems to have gone.

The local shop got them in for a guy, but they got the wrong ones, he had an '07 bike, and they pipes they recieved were for '04 - '06... lucky me.

All I know is, I almost get a hard-on when riding again...lol

I took a short vid on my phone too, (picture keeps freezing but sound works fine).
YouTube - FZ6S - Leo Vince pipes

Yup The Leo's sound great. I honestly think the FZ6 with Leo's, 2bro's and presumably M4's and Scorpions (tho I haven't heard them in person) sound significantly better than many other 600cc bikes w the same cans on 'em. I still think I could benefit from a PCIII and fuel re-mapping. Though it sounds great, I think my bike still feels a little sluggish since the Leo install.....

Last edited:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah mine had the logo's on them when i took em outta the box as well plus they gave me 2 extra ones and one normal sticker :rockon:

Nice. I think they guys at the shop may have helped themselves to that. I remember reading that you get a little tool for putting the springs on... I didn't get that either.

Mine were on display, so they had the 2 cans connected with the spring already on, so I'm guessing they didn't put the tool back after fitting it, and took the stickers etc while they were at it.
Not a problem really, I just used a small allen key to stretch it back.

:)

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes there was in the box a small tool for putting on the springs, it looks like a miny coat hanger, lol. If you got them off the shelf that would explain where the extra sticker as well as the tool went ;)

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my Leo's on for two weeks now, they are crazy sounding, I mean awesome. Everbody's heads turn to check out the bike now because of the awesome sound. I love them. I took the db killers out for a ride but the bike rode a little rough so I see why some people need to get pc111 for their bikes. I just put the killers back in and it's back riding well. They sound great with them in anyways. I do have more power all around. Just love them...l:thumbup:

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
So is there a big difference to ride with the baffles in or out? Bike run better with baffles or not? Do they cut down the sound of the Leo's?

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with you aceman, I noticed the same thing. Pulled up at the lights, saw the cager next to me looking at the bike nodding his head and he mouthed the words... "Not bad".

They sound great. I noticed the same thing with the baffles, I put them back in as well. It didn't really ride rough for me, but it seems to have more power with the dB killers in anyway (whether it's because of more back-pressure... I dunno)... think I'll leave 'em in for now, plenty loud enough - and that's what I wanted.

:)

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Unofficial FZ6 Compatibility Chart.

I'm thinking about getting the Leo vince slip on exhaust. Do I have to do anything to the bike or can I just bolt them on and go?

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Unofficial FZ6 Compatibility Chart.

Nick J. Nothing really to do to the bike, other than rip the stock can off... and slip the new Leo's on. Easy.

With your '08 model, will pay you to disconnect the battery for at least half an hour, (while fittting the pipes would be the best shot), then when you finish fitting, re-connect the battery, and the O2 sensor will reset and calibrate itself with the new flow from the exhaust.

You'll love 'em.

:thumbup:

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
That's great. After reading this thread, I REALLY want to get a pair of Leo's. All I have to do now is get my hands on 5 or 6 bills. Have any of you noticed your bike running a little lean after the install?

pert

Reaction score
Visit site
My pair came yesterday, install was a bit of a bitch.

But wow... they are so loud and beefy

Worth every penny they look the business

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
bringing back an old thread... lol I've since taken out the db killers and it sounds way better, I can't keep off the throttle! :)

krim

Reaction score
Visit site
bringing back an old thread... lol I've since taken out the db killers and it sounds way better, I can't keep off the throttle! :)

i wouldn't even think of taking them out.

I attract so much attention with them in .

067.JPG

Last edited:

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
carbon is the best , doesnt heat up , doesnt stain , its light, looks better , etc..
im patiently waiting on my Lv one carbon with pc3:D:D

4BangenRange

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the Leo Vince exhaust last week on monday. Now just a waiting game for when they will get here :( I'm a very impaciant person to ugh...

krim

Reaction score
Visit site
May I ask, why did you pick the carbon over the stainless steel?

Someone in this forums sold them to me and i couldn't pass on the offer.
The carbon doesn't heat it up my butt as much as the stainless.

Last edited: