LeoVince LV One Stainless Steel Slip-on in black??

suuzzie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought a 2010 FZ6 S2. And now I want to upgrade the exhaust.
I want a LeoVince, I think carbon is too expensive, so I'm going for the stainless steel version.
Found them on Ebay, no problem. But I also found a stainless steel version in black.

Nice!! Because they are cheaper than carbon, but have a little bit of the carbon look. (I you don't look too close)

But I found it only on Ebay, not on the official LeoVince site or other resellers.
So, how genuine is the exhaust??

Any ideas?

tnx

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Suzie :)
:welcome: to the forum :D

I guess that particular set of cans had some (light) scratches or other cosmetical wear.
The seller might had them powdercoated black to give the cans a perfectly smooth finish again.
If you want to be sure, contact the seller about this exhaust to find out.

The exhaust however is 100% legit. I've bought my SS LV One from the same vendor and they came nicely packed, and were shipped very fast.

You could also order directly from his webshop, the parts cost aprox. €5 less (no eBay charges), though I can't see that "Black" version....
link: Motorparts Lohne

Please post in the new member section and post some pics :D:Flash:

Grtz,

Degake

[edit]
The cans showed in the eBay listing are genuine stainless steel cans, which have been powdercoated to give a satin black look. So, the vendor asks €40 to get them powdercoated satin black.
Also note that these cans come without the CAT-eliminator tube.

Last edited:

suuzzie

Reaction score
Visit site
I asked him if this pipe is included in the package
fz6catelimpipe.jpg

And he said yes.

Or isn't this the CAT-eliminator tube??
I'm confused... sorry for being a n00b....

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I asked him if this pipe is included in the package
fz6catelimpipe.jpg

And he said yes.

Or isn't this the CAT-eliminator tube??
I'm confused... sorry for being a n00b....

That is the CAT-eliminator tube...
He has 2 kinds of exhaust sets listed on eBay for the normal SS exhausts though:
€419 for the version without CAT-eliminator
€489 for the version with CAT-eliminator

If he offers it with the eliminator, I guess my first stated option will be the correct :)
Though it is a very nice deal :) (especially if you want the black look :))

Grtz,

Degake

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm... strange...

Then this is cheaper... and in my country...
Leovince uitlaten - LV ONE Slip On Evo2 RVS Yamaha FZ6-S 2007 2010

But not black, but I can live with that...

Just make sure you have the CAT-eliminator tube (if you want it, that is :))
I can't tell from your link if it is included or not (it should be, but I've seen some different places where they list the LV One with/without eliminator tube), so I think you'd better ask them before buying them :thumbup:

Grtz,

Degake

p.s.
After looking a bit longer through the eBay store of the vendor, I guess it might well be that those exhaust cans are actually brand new and powdercoated black, so they're not refurbished or such.... (They have lots of "black" style exhausts available from lots of brands, for lots of different bikes, and I think they won't have so much "damaged" (minor scuffed) parts....)
If you really want the black look (and are sure it comes with the CAT eliminator tube, if you want it), than it really is a fair price to pay :) And the finish of the powdercoating looks perfect :thumbup:

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
the first gen model only had a cat in the link pipe, i think the s2 has a cat in the header pipe too

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to an awesome forum. I like the black it looks sweet. I have just the titanium version 2 model and just love them. The black would look great on my FZ6er. Enjoy your new motorcycle and ride safe! :thumbup:

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Those look great! I kinda like the look of the flat black over the carbon. Serious... Good choice.
If I can ask.

How do they sound?
How heavy?

What was the shipping weight?
Should state it on the carton third party shippng label, next to the barcode.

Last edited:

suuzzie

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Those look great! I kinda like the look of the flat black over the carbon. Serious... Good choice.
If I can ask.

How do they sound?
How heavy?

What was the shipping weight?
Should state it on the carton third party shippng label, next to the barcode.

Sound just like the stainless steel ones.. (search youtube)
But from my opinion they sound very nice!! Idle, deep growl. Riding, deep, but if you go in higher RPM they are howling a little. (I haven't pushed them to the limit, yet) :rockon:
The weight not very different from the stock ones.

I will look for the shipping weight. (when I'm at home)
I found these on Ebay. This guy makes them custom black. Leovince doesn't make them in black. :D

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Sound just like the stainless steel ones.. (search youtube)
But from my opinion they sound very nice!! Idle, deep growl. Riding, deep, but if you go in higher RPM they are howling a little. (I haven't pushed them to the limit, yet) :rockon:
The weight not very different from the stock ones.

I will look for the shipping weight. (when I'm at home)
I found these on Ebay. This guy makes them custom black. Leovince doesn't make them in black. :D

They are the regular stainles steel ones, which have been powdercoated black afterwards. :) So they sound just the same ;)

Indeed, they have a very nice tone, and that growl when you open up till redline :cheer:
But if you really want awesome sound, get rid of those dB-killers :Flash:

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike.....can't go wrong with the Leo's. Like the tank pad, too. Was torn between that one and the universal rascal grafik gloss black one. Glad to see another forum member!:)

suuzzie

Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike.....can't go wrong with the Leo's. Like the tank pad, too. Was torn between that one and the universal rascal grafik gloss black one. Glad to see another forum member!:)

The tankpad was already on the bike... I'm going to put something else there.. it's advertisement of the bikestore....

The advertisement om my bike
Sticker on the faring (barely noticable)
tankpad
licenseplate holder

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The tankpad was already on the bike... I'm going to put something else there.. it's advertisement of the bikestore....

The advertisement om my bike
Sticker on the faring (barely noticable)
tankpad
licenseplate holder

Oh, sorry it looked like the Puig one. Hate it when folks gotta scribble their name all over their products in a distasteful way. The tank pad is just gloss black from Rascal.....nothing else. Seems a rare find for some reason. You can get carbon fiber in any shape size or flavor you can imagine. Graphics? No problem. Plain gloss black? (Crickets chirp softly in backround now.:rolleyes:)