Little something for all the Americans who have been laughing at our UK number plates!

d11gla

Reaction score
Visit site
Before

before.JPG

After

after.JPG

W

wrightme43

Wow man, I hadnt ever laughed at them before but the before picture is kinda funny.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not to be mean, but with plates like those what sense is it in installing a FE?? Personally I don't mind the stock rear fender, keeps the mud and dirt off. Still an FE is cool if you're into that.

H

HavBlue

ROTFLMAO...... That's not a plate, that's a rolling billboard!!!! I think they call them things speed brakes on jets....:D Our plates are 7" wide, 4" tall and the lettering is 1.5" tall. I will however say the after is far superior to the before but that plate is huge. I gotta ask, do the cops over the pond need glasses or what????? :confused:

S

sportrider

those are license plates???? I thought you put a mud flap on your bike!!!:D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ah england. surging forward to the 19th century.

Actually I believe it is now a standard european size. It's true in America the plates are much smaller and tidier, but it would be a hell of a job catching a number plate in lets say a hit and run. But I'll give it to you the european plates don't exactly add to the streamline of the bike :eek:

Arty

Reaction score
Visit site
Bad timing going for an illegal numberplate at the moment isn't it? Considering the current crackdown on them by most police forces.

The days of the old automatic £30 fixed penalty, and away you go are gone, replaced with the option of a court appearance and a £1000 fine.

If you get caught more than once, they inform the DVLA, who have the option to withdraw the registration number, forcing you to re-register on a Q plate. :(

Also, remember you don't have to get pulled by a copper any more either, incorrectly spaced (rather than incorrect fonts) plates can be flagged by ANPR now, and you just receive a NIP in the post, like a speed camera fine.

Personally, I hope you are one of those people who rides around for ages without it getting spotted, because frankly, it looks 100 times better than the standard size plate! :thumbup:

I much preferred the old system, where you could ride around with a mars bar sized plate, and know that if you got pulled over you paid the £30 'plate tax' and carried on your merry way...

H

HavBlue

Maybe starting this thread was a bad idea! I have let my self become a target! ha ha the new plate is 9 x 3 so considerably smaller!

All joking aside, the new configuration does look much better but I still think them cops need glasses.....

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ah england. surging forward to the 19th century.

We may be slow at some things...well except Daytona...didn`t a Brit win that.

Its nice having the Yanks taking the P##s out of the Brits for a change. Its better then the moaning about how we can buy all the extras for the FZ6 over here and you can`t get anything for yours.

Im over in Denmark and we too have those big plates. Suprisingly its all i have ever had so I am used to them.

You ought to see my fuel consumption going south...Back wind all the way, Huge plate to catch the wind..24 miles per litre. Wind assisted of course. I am a sail maker so I am thinking of changing the shape of the plate to catch even more wind :Sport:

Steve

H

HavBlue

Hey, I was thinking maybe I could get one of them fancy English plates and save on gas when there's a tail wind. Dang things should work as good as any sail for certain. :thumbup:

J

jsteinb95

Hey, I was thinking maybe I could get one of them fancy English plates and save on gas when there's a tail wind. Dang things should work as good as any sail for certain. :thumbup:

LOL!!!

d11gla: We're just funnin with ya. Don't take it personal. :thumbup: