Long lasting glove recommendations?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, I have been wearing a pair of Alpinestars GP Plus gloves for the past 5 years/42k miles and they are shot!! The palms have giant holes in them, and my clutch index finger and turn signal thumb are worn through. I ride probably a medium amount (~10k miles/year), in mostly nice conditions (California!), and just expected them to last longer given the brand and the price.

I know folks who have had gloves by other manufacturers that have lasted 10+ years. Any recommendations from those with experience what gloves are comfortable and longer lasting?

It's possible that with daily riding this will be a fact of life for me no matter what gloves I get, but thought I'd see if there is a better option out there.

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
Motoport! Hands down if you want them to last. I went to their showroom in the San Diego area a while back and the stuff is made really well and they stand behind their work. I have been repairing sorts equipment for a while now, so that where I base my opinion. I see how things are made and most is made on the cheap side with cheap materials. You dont see that in the stuff they make.

I have had my Alpine Star SP2's for about 6 years now and when they die I will be ordering the Motoports, money well spent!

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Hell Air Glides in the Summer and Held Steve II or Warn 'n Dry in the winter. They fit, they work and they last.