Looking for FZ6 and some advice :)

jjcool

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. So I'm looking to upgrade bikes and was looking into the FZ6. Im actually pretty sure about it.

I was hoping you all could help me out in buying one.

I will not spend more than $5000 and want to be more like $4K or under actually.

I live in california so bikes are a tad bit more expensive here than in the other 47. Any tips on how much?

What to look for when scouting?

Here are two options right now:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/macy/3039724974.html

2007 Yamaha FZ6

The 07 has been down once and has a scratch but it was just a drop, not a crash. I would also not pay 4800. what do y'all think i should offer?

Thanks! :)

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. So I'm looking to upgrade bikes and was looking into the FZ6. Im actually pretty sure about it.

I was hoping you all could help me out in buying one.

I will not spend more than $5000 and want to be more like $4K or under actually.

I live in california so bikes are a tad bit more expensive here than in the other 47. Any tips on how much?

What to look for when scouting?

Here are two options right now:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/macy/3039724974.html

2007 Yamaha FZ6

The 07 has been down once and has a scratch but it was just a drop, not a crash. I would also not pay 4800. what do y'all think i should offer?

Thanks! :)
well if you want the bike you have to pay for it, try and get between 5 to 10 per cent discount and it would still be a good offer
i think this 1 is a beauty http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/3039724974.html

Last edited:

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
If you end up buying an 04 or 05 model check that the TPS recall has been applied to it....

If you test ride one, the clunk from gear 1 to 2 is normal...

jjcool

Reaction score
Visit site
lol. yeah... so I offered the guy 4700 and he said thats good so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.

super excited!!

Anything I should know before I commit and buy tomorrow?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check the condition of the fluids, and over all condition of the bike. And congrats if you buy it! The fz6 is a great bike!

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Oil should be changed every 6 months (12 if you're really lazy) regardless of mileage. Moisture, oxidation and additive breakdown occurs just sitting.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Just check how dark the oil is? Should there even have been an oil change yet at 2500 miles?

I'f the bike only has 2500 on it then technically yes it should have already had at least 1 oil change, the 1st which I think Yamaha says to do a 600miles then another at 1000, but not knowing what of if anything has been done is say go ahead and change it.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First oil change should have been done at 600 miles.

No, no, no Steve, the 1st oil change should be done at 1000kms!

And just to echo what has been said, colour of oil is somewhat irrelevant if the oil is over 12mths old.

I'd personally change the oil/filter anyway, because at least you know what's in it then.

Cheers,
Rick

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the bike!!!

I'm really enjoying mine.
One thing to check out is the age of the tires. If they are close to 6 years old most guys will recommend to change them even if the tread is OK.

Congrats on you new bike!!! :rockon: