Lorenzo out of Assen

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just watched the video of the crash. He hit the ground hard on probably the fastest stretch of the track. He's heading back to Spain for surgery.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn :eek:

03_99lorenzolorenzo2_original.jpg

Typical Dutch weather as well :(

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I would definitely need clean underwear. Just goes to show you though that ATGATT works. He walked away from a hard crash at well over 100 mph. Amazing how those guys can get up and walk away from crashes like that.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was kinda hoping for a wet race to give Rossi a chance, but looking at the latest "rain radar" pictures it should be dry by 15:00 on Saturday for the race :(

Come on Crutchlow ...:cheer:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Um, he's on his way back to Assen - if it's dry and he gets clearance, HE'S GOING TO RACE..... Had surgery last night in Barcelona.

WTF? Is this guy nuts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Um, he's on his way back to Assen - if it's dry and he gets clearance, HE'S GOING TO RACE..... Had surgery last night in Barcelona.

WTF? Is this guy nuts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Athletes actually often compete with a freshly repaired broken clavicle. Road cyclists do it all the time.

Not to take any respect away from Jorge!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I doubt he's going to race at all. His arm is in a sling and he's holding it close to his body in the video of his return. No way he can brake hard without pain. too risky.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
I doubt he's going to race at all. His arm is in a sling and he's holding it close to his body in the video of his return. No way he can brake hard without pain. too risky.

Cyclists have and continue to do it if the stakes are high....Tyler Hamilton won a stage of the Tour de France and finished the Tour after he broke his collarbone in the first few stages.....modern medicine can mask alot of pain...so can the mind if there are $$$'s involved.