Louie is my shadow.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Recently I adopted my dog Louis from a shelter nearby and so far he has been everything expected. He doesn't like the crate one bit, but other than that, I really do love my dog a whole lot. He is such a baby at times and others destructive, but it's ok. I've almost had him for 2 weeks now and I think he is starting to get used to the house now. 1st night he barked at a moving curtain and then never happened again, I thought it was funny. Last night he was whimpering in his sleep so I woke him up from his puppy dream. Im glad he is starting to fall into a deep sleep now. Anyway, I was cleaning my motorcycle up for Twin City Days event tomorrow to put on show at work with all the other people that work at the dealership. There is like 13 of us that ride all types of motorcycles. Louie was watching me carefully as I cleaned the bike so I shot a picture with my go pro.

GOPR0326-1dragged.jpg

7913fb31.jpg

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Louie looks just like our adopted Black lab mix we got from a shelter. The kids names him Boots because he had white paws and Boots sounded better than Socks!

He is a great dog. Great with kids, only barks at strangers, very loyal and he was easily house broken. Good luck with Louie!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a black lab named Puck a long time ago. Looked just like Louie!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like he's taking to you well! I'm surprised he's so settled after only two weeks!
Dogs are the best! I have three:
Buddy: German Shepard/Akita mix 5ish now
Shelby:Black lab/German Shep mix think she's 15 now!
Lady: Our little coc-kapoo, 2 years old now.. looks like a little dog, acts like shes a big dog :rolleyes:

Here's to many great years with Louie! :iconbeer:

Last edited:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
My 14 year old Australian Kelpie doesn't like it when I come into the house fully clothed in my Aerostitch Roadcrafter suit, wearing boots, and a black full face helmet.

I got her from the pound in Tempe, Arizona when she was a pup. The poor thing has a kidney condition now and although she seems healthy, they claim she only has between six months and eighteen months to live. I won't be surprised if she lives longer though.

Here's her web page:
Lexi's web page

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My 14 year old Australian Kelpie doesn't like it when I come into the house fully clothed in my Aerostitch Roadcrafter suit, wearing boots, and a black full face helmet.

I got her from the pound in Tempe, Arizona when she was a pup. The poor thing has a kidney condition now and although she seems healthy, they claim she only has between six months and eighteen months to live. I won't be surprised if she lives longer though.

Here's her web page:
Lexi's web page

Great to see you have a legendary Aussie dog :thumbup: She will last longer than that mate im sure , the Kelpie is as tough as nails & bred tough :rockon:

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
My Grandkids (and their Mom) that live with me brought a cat home from their Great-Aunt's house (my Sister-in law) about 2 months,ago! His name is Frank,of all names for a cat, (The Kids wouldn't name him Felix, after my bike!?:confused:) Then my Granddaughter found an Albino rabbit (9 months old) on our local "free-stuff" website last month and named her "Skittles" (female) Then just yesterday Joni (12) and little brother Richey (10) went into a pet store next to the grocery store where my Daughter Melissa and I were shopping and found a 6 month old black rabbit (male) with a very tiny white spot on his nose that someone had brought back to the store because they couldn't afford to keep it and gave it back to the store with a nice 4-level cage and a bag of food! The store wanted $30.00 for Bunny, cage and food.(Pure profit for them.) Long story short, We now have 2 Rabbits that are probably going to turn into a "bunny factory" that I really don't want or need! They are very cute and friendly and love to sit on my lap and chest and get petted and eat kernels of corn and other treats from my fingers without even nibbling on my finger-tips! They have very soft fur and long whiskers that tickle my neck when nuzzling my ear! The farmer next door told me I could glean what he misses from 50 acres of corn and 40 acres of alfalfa (there is always a bale or 2 that brake a string) and I have a 32' by 56' pole-barn with 13' sidewalls to store it in and metal barrels to keep varmints from eating it) Frank loves them but doesn't understand why those long eared, short tailed "cats" don't want to wrestle with him like his litter-mates did, but he still washes their faces and rubs his face on theirs while purring up a storm! Guess I'm a sucker for animals and especially for my Joni-Angel as she's my only Granddaughter out of 8 Grandkids(when she was little I always told Her that she was my favorite Granddaughter ,and when she realized she was my only Granddaughter she nearly had a fit!) LMAO! Sorry I've rambled on for so long but I just wanted to to let everyone know what a SUCKER I am!:rockon: Rich,,,PS; Does any one have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale? I'm hoping to charge tolls so I can pay Vet bills and buy toys and vitamins for the Kritters!:thumbup: PPS; And please don't ask if I want your pet because you have to move and are not allowed to keep it due to the "no pets" clause in your lease! ( unless it's a young friendly English Bulldog or Dalmatian!),, ROFLMAO,, "Rich, the Sucker for Kids and Kritters!",,,EDIT: I'll try to post some pictures of the "Gang" tomorrow.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the update mate , glad she is settling in Ok :thumbup:

Love the pic , they really like kids sometimes the way that sit , watch & learn :D
No mate they is better than kids [sometimes].
1. They eat what they are given.
2. Don't answer back.
3. Cheap to maintain.
4. Great at non verbal communication (as a preference).
5. Give loads with out expecting much back.
6. Don't draw on the walls.
7. Don't eat in the sitting room.
8. Don't block the toilet with half a bog roll each go.
I love my kids but they sometimes run a close second to the dog lol.

Geoff, fair play on doing that, you have just met the loyalist friend you will ever have.

Nelly

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My little girl asked me the other day as I was rolling on the floor with my Mastiff how much I loved the dog. I told her more than most humans. She thought that was pretty funny and said, "So you love Bella more than my teacher??" Well, yeah.. I guess I do! She was mad at me for a while, but it really is amazing how close you can get to those "dumb animals". Good on you for rescuing your new friend.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No mate they is better than kids [sometimes].
1. They eat what they are given.
2. Don't answer back.
3. Cheap to maintain.
4. Great at non verbal communication (as a preference).
5. Give loads with out expecting much back.
6. Don't draw on the walls.
7. Don't eat in the sitting room.
8. Don't block the toilet with half a bog roll each go.
I love my kids but they sometimes run a close second to the dog lol.

Geoff, fair play on doing that, you have just met the loyalist friend you will ever have.

Nelly

:rof: :rof: For Sale 3 kids :D........ Im going to get more dogs :BLAA: