Lower Cowl Information

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to Kevlarfz6, I am a proud new owner of an OEM Yamaha Lower Cowl! As we all do, I searched the forum endlessly for “Lower Cowl” to find quality photos, install directions, product reviews, etc. I was thinking that we could begin a thread showing the various lower cowl manufacturers including all pertinent information for installation, pricing, different views on the bike...you get the idea.

If I have neglected to add any information that may be desired, I welcome any comments/suggestions.

Hopefully this will prove useful :)

Fit: 2006-2007 Yamaha FZ6

Color: Deep Red Metallic (AKA: Shift Red / Candy Red)

Manufacturer: Yamaha

Part Number: 5VX-W0714-44-00

Suggested Retail: $399.95

Price Paid: $115 (Second hand purchase)

Suggested Dealer: Yamaha Motorcycle Parts | Discount Yamaha OEM Motorcycle, ATV, Scooter, Watercraft, Parts and Accessories (Price: $345.76)

Installation Instructions:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/4667-yamaha-lower-cowl-how.html
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/232-how-install-lower-cowl-yamaha.html

Photos:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Belly pan on ebay sold by polas78:

YAMAHA FZ6 BELLY PAN FZ6 / LOWER COWL 04, 05, 06
picture.php

As you can see I bought it, here is my review: It is $79.00 plus $40 shipping from Lithiuania (took 20 days to recieve, not bad). The belly pan itself is pretty nice, the gel coat will need some prepping and sanding before it is ready to paint, but it is strong and lightweight, made out of fiberglass strand. Good even coat on the gel coat and about 2mm thickness on the fiberglass, consistent throughout the whole piece, no weak spots.

The mounting hardware was crap (sent me anew better set for free), the mounting points didn't line up with the bike or the belly pan, tack welded sheet metal to tubing with nuts tacked in place. I spent 45 minutes, grinding it to fit and re-drilling the two front holes, that's the only reason its on the bike right now, wanted to be sure it would fit. I sent the guy an email telling him to either do a better job on the brackets or just not include them at all.

Got a quick response to my email from polas78:

Dear jtarkany1,

Hello,

thank you, I already checked hardware, sorry about that, we will make new. I can ship you new in a week.

Paul

- polas78

Shipped me new hardware at no additional cost.

In summary, it was worth the $120 total :D

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine came fitted.

FZ62.jpg

Powerbronze. They do them in Black/Silver or Gold mesh.Carbon look/Silver or Gold mesh (Looks crap)

It's not too bad,but if I had to buy another,I'd get something slightly less bulky.

Two piece design which bolts together in the middle.
Price wise,Powerbronze list them at 70 quid RRP

4sure

Reaction score
Visit site
Jtarkany1,
I'm thinking about ordering one of those lower cowls you ordered from Lithuania...what kind of prepping did you have to do? was it difficult? I'm planning on ordering the OEM paint from colorite, so to make it really professional looking, I assume that I will have to prime it since it is bare, correct?
How's the quality so far now that you've had time to ride with it?
thanks!

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
its just an inverted lower cowl, he put it there just for pics not to literally attach it to the bike:thumbup:

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a different belly pan than any of these. When I bought mine it said it was for an 04-06...I don't listen well. I forget what I paid for it. It didn't come with any sort of mounting brackets so we fabbed some up. Anyway, Cheers on joining the belly club.

picture.php

Here is one before painting
picture.php

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a different belly pan than any of these. When I bought mine it said it was for an 04-06...I don't listen well. I forget what I paid for it. It didn't come with any sort of mounting brackets so we fabbed some up. Anyway, Cheers on joining the belly club.

picture.php

Here is one before painting
picture.php

I think I found this one on ebay, and I'm about to buy it (dr403, right?)

Do you have a picture of the brackets you fabbed up, or some rough designs of what you did/where you mounted it to?