Lucky I made it home

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Leaving work I noticed a pretty nice gouge on my front -
IH7s5F3.jpg

This tire is about a year old and has ~7k miles on it - has a plug in it that's holding great, and there was a period of its life where I had a slow leak and put a lot of wear on it at low pressure :-/ whoops - well anyway, looks like something took a bite out of it recently and it's time for a new tire.

Looking at the picture it's hard to see, but in person this tear/gouge is at the same spot as the joining of the plies in the tire. It's at the same angle and there is a noticeable line that is visible (beneath the outer layer of the rubber). I'm wondering if I actually hit anything or if it just started to wear and that was a high spot because of the joining. Either way, the tire was almost at the wear bars, I was just hoping it'd last for this season.

Next tire: Thinking PR2 since they're going out and Revzilla has them on sale - $119! - unless someone knows of a better sale on a good tire let me know.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you ran over something, the tyre is definitely worn lol, I think you have got your moneys worth.

Nelly:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you run on the back now? Best practice would be to stick with a matching set.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you look closely at the lower edge of the "cut", its pretty straight, the top edge is somewhat jagged. I'm thinking it did get cut (it actually goes all the way over to the actual tire groove) and then peel the rest of the way off (thus, the uneven edge).

+1, you got your moneys worth out of it...

(Not to start a tire battle, I have about 10,000 miles on my front PR2 and it's maybe 1/3 worn, no cupping, still excellent condition)