M1 License Here I Come...

BastardWaif

Ensure you are insured!
Reaction score
www.cambrianguitars.com
It's almost impossible to get signed up for an MSF Basic Rider Course around here right now. The new classes fill up (online) within minutes of being posted. I called and they told me to come along to the next class and see if I could get in as a standby. They give the people who are signed up for each class exactly 1 minute to be late, so at 5:31pm they shut the door and have a lottery for the spare places.

I went Wed evening - there were 6 people on standby and only 4 spare places (people that were late). I didn't get in. Tonight, I went along again. Again, there were 6 people on standby, and only 2 spare places this time.....but I got lucky and drew a spot! Yipee!!

The classroom training was okay - they made it fun. I aced the test at the end of the evening. Now just have to do the riding bit this Sunday and next Sunday afternoons and I'll be (ahem) allowed on the highways! :rockon:

Dubbington's old FZ6 is running just great for me. Thanks Dub!! :thumbup:

I have still got to change out the zorst for the cf ones, and now have a nice Givi top-box to put on too (in not-quite-matching-but-close-enough blue).

Cheers,
Dave

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey bast, why do you need a license to go on the highways. I thought ounce you pass the riders course and passed the written test you would get the motorcycle endorsement?????

Last edited:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what is the MSF source for, i am lost. I went and took the written exam and then went right to the riders exam, if you pass you have the license.

BastardWaif

Ensure you are insured!
Reaction score
www.cambrianguitars.com
Confuses the heck out of me.....I'm buggered if I know. I just did what I was told. I did the m/c written test and short-form car written test at the DMV (they made me take both, even though I've had a car license for eons). Then they told me I could either take the riding test at the DMV (which they said hardly anyone passes) or I could go sign up for a Basic Rider Course with the MSF (which is easy, apparently). So I went along to the MSF course and sat through an evening of classroom training which seemed to me to be a repeat of the written stuff I just did at the DMV (whatev). Now I have to turn up at a local school on Sunday pm two weeks in a row and take the riding bit of the MSF course, after which I get a pass from doing the DMV riding skills test. It does feel like I've been given the run around and had to repeat stuff.....oh well....whatever it takes to get that M1.....I guess I'll be a super-safe rider :Flash:

The DMV told me that until I finished the MSF course, I couldn't go on the highways or ride at night. Of course, I seem to have forgotten what they said.....uh? what was I talking about?.....no matter.....back to my tea. ;)

Cheers,
Dave