maverick1970 crashed the StreetFighter

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Just saw this thread too. Good to see you're better. Hope the next bike will be even better.

P.S. I can feel your pain about the insurance, we can't fully insure bikes here. Not for theft not for anything. Only third party liability.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Just now seeing this thread.. I hope you get completely fixed up soon!
This bike was freaking awesome.. it must suck to have to part it.. but I can't wait to see what you'll do to the next one!

Thank you Victorb. The bike sat in the garage for a week after the crash and then got moved to outside the garage into the driveway. I would come home from work, see the bike in the driveway and emotions would run wild. I went through stages of anger and sadness, but believe it or not, taking her apart has been good therapy. It reminds me of the good times I had. The time researching for parts along with the long nights working on the conversion. My fondest memories are working on the headlight modification process to get those brackets just right and oh my gosh the wiring. Cutting the wires back to get them to the correct length and then sauntering them all back to include heat shrink. Absolute madness.

Ah there I go again... :eek:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: maverick1970 cashed the StreetFighter

Technically the title doesn't say it all... Says you cashed it. Thought maybe you sold it!!

On a serious note, count your blessings and be thankful that you're in as good of shape as you are. So much of that is left up to chance. I've known people that were almost killed in crashes that didn't look too bad and some that walked away from what looked like instant death.

A not-so-friendly reminder that gear saves lives. Kudos for being ATGATT and maybe this will inspire others to do the same. You may save someone else's life!

Here's to hoping you can get back on the saddle very soon and get back on the road. :thumbup:

+1 to that. Not to change the subject, but I saw 2 guys on the highway (before I started riding) doing wheelies at what had to be 150mph+ when they crashed into each other. One slid into the guardrail and the other slid into the back of a car. I thought for sure they were both dead, and they both got up and walked over to their bikes and picked them up.

I was in shock, some people are lunatics.

Anyway hope you get better soon, doesn't sound too bad with the exception of being medivac'ed! Hope you and the FZ are alright, sorry to hear about it man - happens to the best.

good luck! keep us posted

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad I came across this thread! And I'm glad to hear you're healing up well.

I must say, that is one of the sexiest FZ's I've ever seen. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, I just wanted to compliment you on such an amazing job on the bike! I was never a huge fan of the "streetfighter" look until I saw your bike...All blacked out it looked so sleek and stealthy.

...can't wait to see what you do with your next one:thumbup:!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad I came across this thread! And I'm glad to hear you're healing up well.

I must say, that is one of the sexiest FZ's I've ever seen. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, I just wanted to compliment you on such an amazing job on the bike! I was never a huge fan of the "streetfighter" look until I saw your bike...All blacked out it looked so sleek and stealthy.

...can't wait to see what you do with your next one:thumbup:!

So funny that you said this, Mancolt, because I was thinking the same thing. I LOVE the front, with the "gills" on it, like a manta ray. Very cool.
How is the hand coming along, Maverick?

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Hand is doing good thank you for asking! I have completed physical therapy and have full motion in my hand. I continue with strengthing exercises with putty. Kind of like playing with play doh. I'm not supposed to lift anything over 5 pounds but I can't help myself sometimes. I'm in little to no pain. If I do have pain, it's generally only when I twist it the wrong way or lift something I'm not supposed too.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_7823.jpg

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Nvm riding a streetfighter, I think you get the official streetfighter tag. Thats now a custom made hand with that added bolt!
Hope everythings healing well!

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been MIA for a bit and caught up on this thread tonight.

I'm glad to read you're recovery is going well.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see/hear that you're healing well. So very sorry about the bike. Take care of those injuries and we all look forward to your future "ride".