maverick1970 crashed the StreetFighter

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you Karen for asking! I'm coming along ok I guess. I was experiencing a lot of pain in my back, but it has gone away. I think it was muscle related. My left hand (the one that was injuried) is still healing. It is tight, painful at times, and is really stiff on the pinky side of the hand. I start physical therapy Friday. There's more but not going to bore everyone with it.

I really am greatful for those caring by asking how I'm doing.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope your Physical Therapy has you back on track soon! :thumbup:
By the way, I LOVE the look of your headlight mod. It reminds me of a manta ray. Very stealthy looking! :eek:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I started pyshical therapy last Friday. It has only been four days and I can flex all fingers with little to no pain. I'm using my left hand more and definitely on the way to recovery. Thank you all for the continued thoughts!!!

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I started pyshical therapy last Friday. It has only been four days and I can flex all fingers with little to no pain. I'm using my left had more and definitely on the way to recovery. Thank you all for the continued thoughts!!!

That's wonderful news!! :cheer:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've listened to you all about taking the physical therapy serious and it is working. My therapist told me yesterday that my progress is way beyond she had ever thought.

On a second note, I've started taking rear end apart. As you can tell from the pics. It is bend up really bad. Ah the agony and memories of when I first took the seat off and the time I got the Two Brothers in the mail from Admin and put them on. Horror. This is like an absolute living nightmare.

IMG_7742.jpg

IMG_7743.jpg

IMG_7744.jpg

IMG_7748.jpg

IMG_7747.jpg

IMG_7749.jpg

IMG_7746.jpg

IMG_7745.jpg

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jeremy,
I'm glad you're coming along so well. The best part about PT for me when I was going for my hand was the hot wax treatment and hand massage I got before we started the "real work". I found it boring as heck though. Finally after a month or so pinching closepins and rolling velcro dowels, I asked my therapist if I could just go back to work and run my printing press since it was the same kind of hand motion and usage as I was doing at PT. It worked so well that a film crew came to my business to film me printing to show other insurers at seminars as to the success of my hand surgeon and physical therapy! Keep up the good work, especially the mental aspect. :thumbup:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I had my one month check up from the surgeon on Wednesday and he said the bone is healing well. I had a compound fracture and he informed that it would take at a min. of 2 months for full recovery. Although I'm not in pain anymore, he still tells me that I'm not suppposed to lift anything over 5 lbs as the lower portion of the bone near the wrist is still fractured and the only thing holding the bone together is the stainless steel plate and 5 screws.

Physical Therapy has gone extremely well as I have full motion in my hand. I only have one day left and I'm release, but still I'm on light duty for another month. :(

Nevertheless.... I WILL RIDE AGAIN!

Thank you for the continued support everyone!!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some how I missed this. Glad you are doing better! As far as the bike. I would totally strip it and see what is good and go from there. By the looks not too much of it is going to be useable just simple little things add up very quickly! Best of luck with what ever you end up doing. As far as insurance I only have Comp on my bike. I am also only home 3 and a half months out of the year to ride it as well. I am a cautious rider. I hate pain and I value my license very much..........

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I had my one month check up from the surgeon on Wednesday and he said the bone is healing well. I had a compound fracture and he informed that it would take at a min. of 2 months for full recovery. Although I'm not in pain anymore, he still tells me that I'm not suppposed to lift anything over 5 lbs as the lower portion of the bone near the wrist is still fractured and the only thing holding the bone together is the stainless steel plate and 5 screws.

Physical Therapy has gone extremely well as I have full motion in my hand. I only have one day left and I'm release, but still I'm on light duty for another month. :(

Nevertheless.... I WILL RIDE AGAIN!

Thank you for the continued support everyone!!

You're awesome! Heal up quickly Brother Maverick! :rockon:

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Just now seeing this thread.. I hope you get completely fixed up soon!
This bike was freaking awesome.. it must suck to have to part it.. but I can't wait to see what you'll do to the next one!