Memorial Day

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I guess it can be moved.

Since this weekend is Memorial Day, I just want to personally thank all of the men and women in Uniform who have, or are currently serving this great country. Your service is what makes this country a great place to live, I can not thank you enough.

With that, lets all have a great weekend, ride safe, and genuinely remember those people, past and present, who made this country what is is today!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you wolfc70! I appreciate it a great deal!

I also extend my whole-hearted Thank You! to all those who have or still serve in the military. Thank you for protecting my freedom like I protected yours.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its my pleasure to serve. A thank you goes out to all the rest of the fellow service members past and present.

Take a minute this weekend sometime to remember the ones that gave everything for our country.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys and gals, who are, have sacraficed their personal lives to make our lives better. Thank You.

And a special thanks to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

H

HavBlue

Memorial Day began life as Decoration day. Women of the south would honor those dead soldiers with red poppies on the respective graves. Today, it is again observed for the memory of those who have served and died while in service to the United States of America and the citizens therein. As a citizen and Marine, the single most important thing I can do in terms relative to those folks who now serve is support them. Anything less would simply be unacceptable regardless of how I personally felt about this or any war where they carry my flag. From sea to shinning sea our support is a fundamental necessity when it comes to troop moral.

At present, many families suffer financial hardship while their moms and dads fight on foreign landscapes; their children not knowing whether or not they will ever see either again but they to show their greatest support and for this I can honestly say they are very brave.

I have often felt Moina Michael said it best when she replied to a poem written in 1915 by John McCrae and title, In Flanders Fields.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields. tten in 1915 by

Her reply was as follows:

We cherish too, the Poppy red
That grows on fields where valor led,
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of heroes never dies.

May all the soldiers, sailors, Marines, Airmen and Coast Guard personnel who served and died for our cause rest in peace knowing we remain faithful to our quest for individual freedoms which were paid for by their flesh and blood. I salute you all...

Semper Fi...... OOH-RAH

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a serving member in the Canadian Navy and I would also like to say thanks too all the men and women serving past, present and who have fallen of the American Military,Navy,Air Force... We fight for the same reason for freedom for our family and for friends.

Be Safe

Last edited: