Milford PA Rally by Motorcycle Sport Touring Association

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hawks Nest NY.jpg

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've posted here. But Tom Repetti @trepetti and I put together a ride event through the MSTA, centered in Milford PA, and we thought that we would invite anybody who's more or less in the area. The event will run from check-in on Thursday Aug. 1 through check-out on Sunday. Two days of riding. We have reserved about half of the rooms in a highly rated family owned motel just outside of Milford. We ran the event this past October on very short notice and we had a great time.

The MSTA runs a number of fairly large events every year. But this one is called a "Just For Fun (JFF)." There's no entry fee, no banquet, and no T-shirts. Just some pre-prepared routes and the chance to hang out with some other riders. And we get a small discount from the motel. We ride in small groups and we will coordinate those at dinner the night before or just before we take off.

If you’re not from the area and thought that NY and NJ were nothing but urban sprawl – get your butt up (over, or down) here, and we’ll show you some wilderness, cliffs, and maybe some Bald Eagles. You won’t be in any city traffic, but on a clear day, you can see NYC from the top of Perkins Memorial Drive. If you’re from the area, come on out and meet some other sport touring riders. Have dinner with us at the historic Dimmick Inn & Steakhouse, in Milford, or perhaps the Carriage House in Barryville NY.

We have prepared several street routes, 100 to 250 miles. Routes will be available on printed maps and by gpx.

Destinations/overlooks/stops include:
Hawks Nest Highway (see the banner photo)
Bethel Woods (Woodstock)
The Roebling Aqueduct
Sugar Loaf NY
Perkins Memorial on Bear Mountain
The spectacular Route 106 through Harriman St Park
Storm King Highway with overlook on West Point Military Academy
Greenwood Lake
The Dingman’s Ferry Bridge

EVENT REGISTRATION:

I can send an email with the route info after you sign the waiver during registration.

Motel:
Myer Country Motel 570-296-7223 or 800-764-MYER
Call for reservations and mention the MSTA or Chris Shoop.
They prefer to avoid on-line booking charges
Rates: Thur $100&taxes, Fri & Sat $135 & taxes

If you want to learn more about the MSTA, visit:

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like an opportunity for FZ6 group ride. There’s quite a few of us near that location. I’m about 30 minutes and ride those roads often. Great riding, some of the best in the north east.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If anybody doesn't want to stay overnight, they could plan to meet us at Perkins Memorial then ride through Harriman, etc, either Friday or Saturday.