Miss my bike this winter....

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I know, it's sad, but I really do miss by FZ this winter. I think about the amazing group rides I had last summer, my great trip from St. Louis to Lake Geneva, and I even think about my commutes to work every day. I do miss my bike. I think about the great monthly rides I'll have again and the large trip I'm planning this summer.

I gotta say, I really dislike the cold weather. A very large portion of people here like or don't mind the cold, but I hate it. I love the heat. Humidity I don't mind either, since we get enough here in the STL. As much as I like St. Louis, I would like to see what other cities have to offer. I would love to live in a place I could ride all year with out having to worry about snow or ice. So sorry north, you're out of this conversation....lol. If I was loaded or won the lottery, I would probably have a summer place in the north, but I don't see that happening any time soon...lol. As much as I love Florida for its great weather year round, all I hear is how straight the roads are. I think Tampa is awesome, but how are the roads? California is not somewhere I want to move, so where else are my options? I love the ocean and year-round warm weather. What are my best options? Or should I just have other projects during the winter months?

Last edited:

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I feel your pain! I live in Wisconsin and all week the temps been around 2-6 degrees with up to - 30 windchills. All I can think about is my bike, and read this forum everyday! However I do love winter haha

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: Miss my bike this winter....

Hey I feel your pain! I live in Wisconsin and all week the temps been around 2-6 degrees with up to - 30 windchills. All I can think about is my bike, and read this forum everyday! However I do love winter haha

Same. I'd rather have cold then heat, but I do miss riding. I don't have a heated garage either so I can't even work on it. Sad panda

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I know, it's sad, but I really do miss by FZ this winter. I think about the amazing group rides I had last summer, my great trip from St. Louis to Lake Geneva, and I even think about my commutes to work every day. I do miss my bike. I think about the great monthly rides I'll have again and the large trip I'm planning this summer.

I gotta say, I really dislike the cold weather. A very large portion of people here like or don't mind the cold, but I hate it. I love the heat. Humidity I don't mind either, since we get enough here in the STL. As much as I like St. Louis, I would like to see what other cities have to offer. I would love to live in a place I could ride all year with out having to worry about snow or ice. So sorry north, you're out of this conversation....lol. If I was loaded or won the lottery, I would probably have a summer place in the north, but I don't see that happening any time soon...lol. As much as I love Florida for its great weather year round, all I hear is how straight the roads are. I think Tampa is awesome, but how are the roads? California is not somewhere I want to move, so where else are my options? I love the ocean and year-round warm weather. What are my best options? Or should I just have other projects during the winter months?

I don't much enjoy the cold weather anymore either but I have enough gear to offset the cold on rides and my commute. I'll ride in rain or shine, but man I cannot wait for the warmer weather to get here. I'd want to move to Alabama, my grandparents live there and are only a half hour from the beach. I love it down there

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Same. I'd rather have cold then heat, but I do miss riding. I don't have a heated garage either so I can't even work on it. Sad panda

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if you've looked into something like this or not, but my buddy whose garage I use to wrench when I'm in manhattan ks bought one of these. And boy oh boy does it put out some amazing heat.
35,000 BTU Portable LP Heater on Cart | Orscheln Farm and Home
I may pick one up for my garage here in kc eventually

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Joe!

I feel your pain, just a few more weeks and we should be past it! I really like New Mexico. Santa Fe area is great. The state itself must be one of the most land diverse in the country, great sight seeing, and plenty of winding roads.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate not riding but I've had it out a couple times when the Sun was out. Once it was in the 20s... but it still felt good to be on my bike. I can't wait for the summer to do some more riding along with some group rides too.

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
Before I started riding I never used to mind the cold. Now I am having severe withdrawals, I find myself ogling at my bike in the garage for minutes before I head out in my cage. I know now why people call it a cage, on a bike I am part of the scenery/journey, in a car I am just felon getting some where.
I did ride a few times this winter but too much salt and black ice had me thinking otherwise.
Global warming bring it on..

If I do move, I would make sure to pick a milder state.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the dislike of winter and cold temps. Rode to Chattanooga last Saturday and froze my fingers pretty good. When I left coming back it was 36 in Chattanooga but 50 in Birmingham! Normally just 2 or 3 degrees different. Be patient and spring will be here soon. Can't wait, this year my plan is to do a nice road trip somewhere.

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the dislike of winter and cold temps. Rode to Chattanooga last Saturday and froze my fingers pretty good. When I left coming back it was 36 in Chattanooga but 50 in Birmingham! Normally just 2 or 3 degrees different. Be patient and spring will be here soon. Can't wait, this year my plan is to do a nice road trip somewhere.
I lived in 'the ham' for a a year. Miss the winters, hospitality and camaraderie. Do not miss the summers though :-D. I used to live in the Inverness area.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel the missing the bike! Not only is it winter here in Michigan, but I also sold my tiger this fall. So when the warm weather comes I will have to beg the wife to ride the fz. Sad me!

Digitized from my thumbs to your screen with the help of my Droid X and tapatalk 2