Motovation Sliders tested

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Somebody decided it was a good idea to dump out bags upon bags of garbage onto the road on a bridge. Luckily I was stopped when the bike slipped out from under me and laid right down in the road. I was close to being able to manhandle it upright when it started to go, but I had a passenger and luggage.

Injury Report:
- None

Damage Report:
- Small scrape on givi box
- small scrape on bar end
- small scrapes on back of mirror
- frame slider scraped + slid.

No major damage: blinkers, pegs, engine, tank, body all in perfect shape. Lost a little coolant out of what I assume must be the overflow, but the bike is fine. Well worth the investment in bolt-on hockey pucks. A++

Last edited:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're okay and the bike is relatively unharmed. Another reason why frame sliders should be one of the first mods made.

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're okay and the bike is relatively unharmed. Another reason why frame sliders should be one of the first mods made.

amen. I was expecting to pick the bike up and see rampant destruction on the pavement side. I really had to look to find damage.

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Which side did your bike go down on? One of the sides seem less protected (the left I think) than the other. Also, did you have a Givi Top box or side case? I have a E52 topbox and am pretty sure that it will take a good hit if I drop the bike.

Glad to see you are otherwise in good shape!

John

Last edited:

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Which side did your bike go down on? One of the sides seem less protected (the left I think) than the other. Also, did you have a Givi Top box or side case? I have a E52 topbox and am pretty sure that it will take a good hit if I drop the bike.

Glad to see you are otherwise in good shape!

John

Went down on the right side. I'll have to take a closer look to see if the left side looks less protected. I have the V46 top box and soft saddlebags. I didn't see any damage to the bags, but I suspect a sidecase would have been worse.

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went out and took a look at my FZ. On the left side, the bottom of the engine case sticks out and below the Motovation slider. I was wondering if the slider was long enough on the that side to keep that part of the engine case from touching down at the point where the two wheels and slider are contacting the pavement.

John

Rocky529

Reaction score
Visit site
I went out and took a look at my FZ. On the left side, the bottom of the engine case sticks out and below the Motovation slider. I was wondering if the slider was long enough on the that side to keep that part of the engine case from touching down at the point where the two wheels and slider are contacting the pavement.

John
I think the engine would hit the ground first.. it is only a cover though and can be replaced easily if needed.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a stall and fall last year with a slight slide and I can attest that the Motovation sliders did the job, the engine case was untouched! slight nik on the mirror and left side cover under the seat. Glad your ok!

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear that you and the bike are OK. I also have the motivation sliders and hope to never use them.

weswood151

Reaction score
Visit site
Se7enLC,

Which sliders did you getfrom motovation? Axle, frame and fork? Were they dificult to install... Any further info you would volunteer to my purchase would be appreciated. I am nervous as he!! ridin w/ out them. I dropped a Ninja 15 years ago in a parking lot and never repaired all the damage$$$

Thanks,

WesWood151
(CC in a personal message)

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
So are the Motovation's one of the best ones to get? Also did you guys install yourselfs or did you take it to the dealer? Thx

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked with the local dealer and it'll be about $40 to install sliders, what you guys think of that price? Reason i'd have them do it is i know you need to have the factory tightness on the screws when you put them back in and i have no clue how i'd measure to make sure its tight enough yet not to over tighten...I'm thinking about the Motovation Sliders for $69.99