My Bike is faster than a Harley

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stoplight to stoplight a V twin has it on inline 4's. Of course they're just going from one bar to the next.

Fingerless gloves, vests, bandana's or skull bucket (Moe) helmets. It's amazing to me how much image matters to them and they're all clones. Went to a bike night at the local Harley shop a couple of months ago, thought I was in a clone factory. Oh, must have a black t-shirt, preferably with Harley or Sturgis logo.

As for fast cagers, it's the inexperienced ones that don't know they will be smoked by a motorcycle (inline 4) so you have to watch out for them. They'll get mad you wasted them with ease and might try to run you off the road once you slow down. My bike is about 625lbs and has 150hp. Not the lightest but the power to weight ratio is so much more than any car out there, including a Corvette / Porsche / BMW. Some know (more experienced drivers) so won't seriously egg you on. It's the idiots you have to watch out for.

lol that is funny

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
... This guy in a jacked up pickup wanted to try and pass us. Ok, no big deal, then slows down so we pass him. Then goes to pass us again. WTF? So we get fed up, open it up and leave him in the dust. A few miles down the road and what do we see? Yep, a big jacked up truck trying to do a ton on the highway. We both decided enough playing and really open it till we don't see the lights...

Similar scene happened when I lived in SC a few years ago. Big muddy truck playing tag until I reached into my tank bag on my ZR7. Though I am right handed, I generally shoot left handed. As the guy in the muddy truck saw the Colt .380:eek:, all I saw in the mirror was his bumper dive as he hit the brakes. I drove away happy:D, not that I am a violent guy but I am licensed to carry.

ghostdog

Reaction score
Visit site
Similar scene happened when I lived in SC a few years ago. Big muddy truck playing tag until I reached into my tank bag on my ZR7. Though I am right handed, I generally shoot left handed. As the guy in the muddy truck saw the Colt .380:eek:, all I saw in the mirror was his bumper dive as he hit the brakes. I drove away happy:D, not that I am a violent guy but I am licensed to carry.

Well done.

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't think Harleys could do 80 mph. I got stuck behind a group a few weeks ago in my Jeep that wouldn't do more than 50.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing faster than a 800lb bike with 30hp, I can see how that would be a beast launching from the stoplight.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing faster than a 800lb bike with 30hp, I can see how that would be a beast launching from the stoplight.

Are you serious?

You are underestimating the low end torque of the v-twin engine.

I guess there's a lot hate here for the Harley, but please the HD bikes are not the same as the HD rider.

Yes, they don't update their technologies as quickly as the Japanese but HD bikes are plenty fine and can haul a$$.

And to the poster who said earlier that he never seen a HD being able to go faster than 80mph, you can't be serious.

Hate on HD riders all you want but don't underestimate HD bikes.

Same hate some of you seems to be complaining about HD riders not waving to you or hating sportbikers, you are doing the same towards them. how are you different?

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site

Had a Trucker (semi) try to run a friend off the road on the way to N. Car. one time (he was on an FJR1300) He and my dad both are licensed to carry (i will be next year) and pulled on him. and the F**ker tried to run them off the road again! no shots were fired (kinda surprised Rick didn't shoot) but we got the hell outta there. moral of the story: the FJ13 is a rocketship.

Are you serious?

I guess there's a lot hate here for the Harley, but please the HD bikes are not the same as the HD rider.

Yes, they don't update their technologies as quickly as the Japanese but HD bikes are plenty fine and can haul a$$.

And to the poster who said earlier that he never seen a HD being able to go faster than 80mph, you can't be serious.

Same hate some of you seems to be complaining about HD riders not waving to you or hating sportbikers, you are doing the same towards them. how are you different?

harleys pull like trains up to about 90-100 mph but start to fall off power there. they'll get to about 120-130 but that's all they're geared for. of course you can pull them on the highway but as stated up to about 60 that hog might have you.

braking however is a different story. 2x the weight & 1/2 the brakes

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
harleys pull like trains up to about 90-100 mph but start to fall off power there. they'll get to about 120-130 but that's all they're geared for. of course you can pull them on the highway but as stated up to about 60 that hog might have you.

braking however is a different story. 2x the weight & 1/2 the brakes

Indeed.

1. You can't compare cruisers to sport bikes. Apples and oranges. Being proud that you overtook a cruiser be it a HD or some other maker is just funny too me.

2. I have met few really cool HD riders. Really nice guys. But there are a lot more $hitty HD riders ( we all know the type). You can hate on them as much as you like, but HD bikes are built like a tractor. Sort of if it ain't broke why fix it philosophy.

Bikes for a certain niche of population. That's it.

Some of you seem to have never ridden a v-twin. try it. You might be surprised how much torque they have.

My cousin has a Suzuki M109R. that puppy has over 100hp and pulls like a motherfraker on steroids. If I had the money I would get it in a heart beat.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you serious?

wobbling around a curve in a huge underpowered cruiser, dragging floorboards with a 5 degree lean angle. Grandpa bikes is what I call them. You can easily compare specs if you want to learn. Compare a 1200cc harley to a 1200cc sport bike. compare a 600cc sport bike specs to a 883cc harley and you will see. throw in all that weight and 1800's technology and you have got yourself a race that legends will be written about them 100 years from now. :BLAA:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
wobbling around a curve in a huge underpowered cruiser, dragging floorboards with a 5 degree lean angle. Grandpa bikes is what I call them. You can easily compare specs if you want to learn. Compare a 1200cc harley to a 1200cc sport bike. compare a 600cc sport bike specs to a 883cc harley and you will see. throw in all that weight and 1800's technology and you have got yourself a race that legends will be written about them 100 years from now. :BLAA:

You want to compare a sport bike to a cruiser?

Two different classes of bikes, man.

Different weight to power ratios. Different gearing. Two different classes of bikes meant for different styles of riding.

What don't you understand that vast majority of cruisers are not built or meant to be ridden to carve curves at extreme angles or race in MotoGP.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Indeed.

1. You can't compare cruisers to sport bikes. Apples and oranges. Being proud that you overtook a cruiser be it a HD or some other maker is just funny too me.

2. I have met few really cool HD riders. Really nice guys. But there are a lot more $hitty HD riders ( we all know the type). You can hate on them as much as you like, but HD bikes are built like a tractor. Sort of if it ain't broke why fix it philosophy.

Bikes for a certain niche of population. That's it.

Some of you seem to have never ridden a v-twin. try it. You might be surprised how much torque they have.

My cousin has a Suzuki M109R. that puppy has over 100hp and pulls like a motherfraker on steroids. If I had the money I would get it in a heart beat.

One of my best friends, both he and his wife have HD full dressers. There are indeed different style bikes for different style riding. I have owned two HD's, one was a 79 1200 sportster, (POS big time), back then and an 01 Wide glide-much more refined machine. I really liked the wide glide but got tired of the vibration.

Having ridden /owned numerous style bikes (more Japanese) including a Suzuki B'king(friends bike), Suzuki 109, VTX 1800(that bike had the MOST low end torque of anything I'd been on, M109, HD, anything..).

The HD, HIGH performance wise isn't even close. HD's are simplier to work on, are a much more basic engine, air cooled, they have the technology about as maxed out as it can be for an air cooled V twin engine. I know they can run 100MPH, I did so several times (chasing down speeders) but with a windshield, starting getting the shakes, started a slight tank slapper, (scared the s..t out of me). Definitly NOT a HS bike. As noted, not much lean angle but neither does the Goldwing, M109, majority of cruisers)

I also rode A police HD full dresser for work for about a year and a a half (traffic enforcement) so I am familiar with the machine/workings. They do have a great following/lifestyle, clothing gimmick, (great business aspect)

The FZ6 simply put out almost double the HP but at upper RPM's, the B-King 4-5 times the HP and more torque(the fun factor like riding a rocket but certainly NOT comfortable).

Yes, I don't care for the weekend warriors, wanna be bikers (get dressed like halloween) with fringe, etc, but to each their own.

My girlfriend, on the way back from a 200 mile road trip, had her HD leather fringe jacket on on the way back on my FJR. We passed a group of HD's on the right, we were doing about 80/85 on the interstate(loaded), the fringe on her jacket arms was flying about smacking her in the face, VERY uncomfortable... Looks cool, BUT, very impractible for our particular type of riding.

Last edited:

William

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a 2009 HD XR1200 Sportster for a couple years. I bought it because it reminded me of the old XR750 flattrackers (and EK’s bikes). However, it had a few bells and whistles tech-wize…EFI, oil cooling…and decent low end grunt for fun on twisties like in the smokys. It wasn’t a cruiser, rather a standard, but I think sport bike guys would enjoy it more than a cruiser for a change. Definitely fun overall for me, but it was HD heavy and personally I could never get comfortable on it. I rode it from Tampa to mid-Ohio and back for the ama vintage days and it was miserable even with a corbin and suspension tweaks. Some guys have done the four corners on them. Pic down on the keys >

img_2025.jpg

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I love watching the XR racing series, pretty cool seeing Harley's fly around a track

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
My room mates Harleys is pretty dam fast but its all custom. No idea what model it is. I love the way it looks though with the super wide tire on the back.

Anyways i dont think they were boxing you in, they were probably just changing lanes hahha. Harley riders dont like to break line, they all change lanes at the same time no matter if there is a car or another bike LOL.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyways i dont think they were boxing you in, they were probably just changing lanes hahha. Harley riders dont like to break line, they all change lanes at the same time no matter if there is a car or another bike LOL.

I had a bike in front, a bike at 1 oclock, a bike at my 4 oclock, and one at my 6 oclock. At the time I was in the far left lane. :confused: