My current projects

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I would start a thread with my current projects. They normally take me a while to finish but I will try to put up some photos and updates along the way :)
My first one is a dt230 I bought through work blown up needing a full rebuild. My plans are to finish it (have all the parts just need time) I have done all the major rebuild stuff like the crank and bottom end just need to slap it all together and finish it off. It is registered and ready to go when I finish it. The dt is a little unusual as it is a 2 stroke with electric start and traction control.

Another is a 1966 yamaha ya6 I have previously posted a photo of. It is all original at the moment and all I am going to going to basically leave it as I bought it pretty much. It needs a few thing like main seals and a carby clean. I like that it is so good for its age I am not going to do a full on resto Beacause I like how original is. It is an electric start 125 2 stroke (can you see a trend here?)

Another is my long term project bike it is starting life as a 1985 (I think anyway) rz250r that is blown up and missing a lot of stuff. My plans are to put Yamaha banshee stuff in the engine to make it a 4mm stroker and about 421cc maybe even bigger, put a nice big set of carbs on it, full aftermarket fairing kit, some modern spec suspenders (r6 maybe) and full banshee electrics with programmable ignition. Picked this thing up for 200 bucks and just bought a spare frame with forks and other stuff on eBay for $5.50!! You can see why it was only 200 Bucks though, she is a roughy!

The last one is my banshee that is constantly getting changed, fixed or upgraded. At the moment it has all the suspension done up to race width with aftermarket shocks and upgraded rear shock, many other mods like way way to many to try and list and remember but just like everything there is always more to be done! Next with it is carbs and rebuild the spare engine I have for it with max reliability in mind so I can do a few enduros with it.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm, Project RZ replaces project 3XV! Well that's my guess anyway!

Great project, and i too will embark upon a similar 2 stroke project soon...but the Big bore RZ is a korker of an idea....

Lots of good stuff on RZ's in English Mag, Practical Sportsbike's...have a look.

Loooking forward to updates...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
The rz is something that i am going to take a few years doing. I am going to modify everything I possibly can on it. The old man found it for me. A guy at his work was going to pull it apart and put the engine in a buggy, I couldn't let that happen so it became the long term project. There are some pretty radical rzs out there and this will be somewhere along those lines. Just have to finish the others off before starting this one off. The good thing is a lot of the banshee stuff will bolt onto the engine and there is endless parts around for banshees! Even billet cases and clear clutch covers :)