My First Bike!!

nazrym

Beginner Rider
Reaction score
www.phutureweb.com
Woohoo!! I finally got me a bike! 2006 Yamaha FZ6! Got it used with 5500 miles on it, but it is new to me. I'm so excited and have been riding everywhere with it. I got bikers putting their hands out waving. Sure feels good to be a part of something.

I got it on 10/7/08. Still getting used to playing with the clutch and the throttle. I took the MSF course, never ridden a bike, got my license, and found me a bike! Then I forgot that I needed insurance. Haha. But I got them now.

nazrym-albums-my-2006-fz6-picture1475-2006-yamaha-fz6.jpg

nazrym-albums-my-2006-fz6-picture1476-2006-yamaha-fz6.jpg

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike mate.:thumbup:

Psst... Don't listen to Bill,he's colour blind,we just don't have the heart to tell him he's got a blue one .......ssshhhh

Last edited:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I see you got the widely-acknowledged superior color, so that's a doubly good choice. Now it's time to get to modding! If you aren't interested in that now, you will be if you hang out on the forum enough. Looks like you already have frame sliders, the most important mod.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike and welcome to the site.

Now just take it easy and get used to the bike because it really can kill you if you are not careful.

Steve

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice to have you here at the forum. Hope you enjoy the new bike!:Sport:

ms mrdr

PB4UGO
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I see you got the widely-acknowledged superior color, so that's a doubly good choice. Now it's time to get to modding! If you aren't interested in that now, you will be if you hang out on the forum enough. Looks like you already have frame sliders, the most important mod.

WHAWHAWHAWHAT????? Superior color? LOL!!! It is a nice bike indeed!!! :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
You'll have a great time here!!!

S

sportrider

Welcome aboard!!! I had one just like it.:thumbup:

and yes RED is the fastest color:D

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and congrats on the first bike! You'll love the FZ.

For now, keep it under 7k, over that and the bike is no longer n00b-friendly...

Edit-

Nice choice on the red! I hear its faster than the "other" color :)

nazrym

Beginner Rider
Reaction score
www.phutureweb.com
Nice bike!! How many miles are on it? Any mods planned? Any questions?

It has around 5600 miles on it. I need to get the tank pad to prevent the tank being scratched up. I was also thinking of replacing the exhaust with Scorpion exhaust. But then I heard that at times I will have to adjust the fuel injector because the fuel might be too rich or something. Sounds a little more complicated than what I would want to work with.

How do I maintain the bike anyways?

S

sportrider

How do I maintain the bike anyways?
change the oil, lube the chain, check air pressure in your tires before every ride. periodically check all fasteners for proper torque. adjust your chain. these are the basics and we can help you do all of them!!:thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
And even more important than knowing how to wrench on your bike, is knowing how to ride your bike.

It won't all come naturally no matter who you are...it's a thinking man's activity and there is an endless list of things to learn...subscribe to some mags like motorcyclist/sportrider, get some books, read the forum, and have fun...you'll soon get addicted to improving your understanding/skills...as the safety & fun factors will rise exponentially with skill/knowledge.

Welcome to the forum....nice looking bike...now remove those ugly swingarm stickers please!

Oh yeah, real men (and women :D) wear gear :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the new bike and i am glad that you are enjoying is to much, Be safe out there!

Ride lots and post often!